Hebron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Just got Secrets and Lies. What a meaty book, it will take me quite some time and re-reading to absorb this book.

What are your favourite books? This seems a very good one. Hogans are my absolute favourite.

My favorite book is Joe Dante's Four Magic Moves To Winning Golf. It was originally written in 1962 and has many ideas that are similar to TGM. Brian, if you see this thread, I wonder what you think of this book?

Gumper

I have heard of that one. I will probably order it online. I have found the really old books arrive beautifully bound and presented and are great books :)

My favorites related to golf instruction are Hebron's Golf Swing Secrets and Lies, Dante's Four Magic Moves, Tom Watson's Getting Up and Down and Ben Hogan's.

The most enjoyable golf related book I read was probably Golf in the Kingdom by Michael Murphy.

Wow! Just got Secrets and Lies. What a meaty book, it will take me quite some time and re-reading to absorb this book.

What are your favourite books? This seems a very good one. Hogans are my absolute favourite.

Hi Brit!

I ordered this book a few months back. Initially, I skimmed it thinking this is a "meaty book" as well. A few days ago, I picked it up again and started to really read it. It is loaded with a bunch of good stuff and tons of great pictures.

Imagine that, even the eyes have a plane!....

Ben Hogan's collection, the book, and the calendar, it's on its way, that'll be next!

Great book! I've read it cover to cover, but most often go back and use it more as a reference for things I'm working on. I also really enjoy the part of the book talking about "feel" and what tour players say they "feel" during the swing.

~Dustin

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
Best books --- Picture Analysis of Golf Strokes - Jime Barnes

The Science of Golf - Dave Williams

Geometric Golf (1950's -- Author Unknown)

Henry Cotton Books

And my favorite -- A book i bought by JH TAylor --- he has a training mat that has some great similarities to proper geometry

Must chime in on Cotton books. I have a huge collection of golf books, I am a junkie, and my favorite are the Henry Cotton books. They are wonderfully written and have great photos. All are out of print but available on sites devoted to out of print books. The last couple I found were from England.

Michael Jacobs

Super Moderator
Secrets and lies has the best pictures ever compiled into one book, a lot of work went into gathering the rights to use all those pictures from what I understand

I was quite surprised to see that Cathy Burton, who used to be an assistant pro at my home course, was listed on the back cover of Mr. Hebron's book. Very cool to see!

Stew

How many world class instructors can chime in on one post? - I'm in the company of greatness!

My personal offerings to the list:
Tommy Armour - how to play your best golf all of the time - great historical background, (lots of discussion of lag, pp#3, etc.).
Bobby Jones - rights and wrongs of golf - again "lest we forget from whence we came".
Nicklaus - Golf My Way (go ahead rip me on this one), nice discussion of the effects of the upright spectrum of swing plane to directional control, great emphasis on #3 essential and LOC.
Langer on Putting - Unless you've read it - don't even try to touch me on this one. As thorough as the man himself - end of story.

Nothing is useless unless it purports itself to be infallible. (anyone seen Mr. Kuykendall lately, ahem?)

Status
Not open for further replies.