Help for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who is quite low about his game

He has a Trackman club/gapping pdf which has a fair bit of info.

Would anyone be able to help/have a look at it for me?

Thanks

zlapfn.png

Thanks guys

He was a very good 1-2 handicap in his late 20s 30s, now late 50s off 9

I try not to diagnose or help as i'm not a coach. The whole thing is 14 pages but I don't want to post his name up. These are the averages.

He's very low about his game at present

Last edited:

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I think it would be best in this thread if only Manzella instructors posted their thoughts and reasonings...aside from welshdentist.

Last edited:
Rough synoposis when I've played with him....

Seems to take lot of turf, can hit absolute nailed rockets with irons and every so often with driver

Some stuff short right but I haven't played much with him. He's very low about it, quite an old school "handsy" player. As a rule I don't give people hints or tips as I'm not an instructor but would want to make sure he doesn't go down a dark path with his game.

Last edited:

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Without seeing it (if his ballflight has changed over the years) age may have reduced flexibility and too keep the same level of dynamics the decreased turn may have become and over lagged club at the top with a tug down and left.

Without seeing it (if his ballflight has changed over the years) age may have reduced flexibility and too keep the same level of dynamics the decreased turn may have become and over lagged club at the top with a tug down and left.

Thanks Kevin,

Easy as it is to jump on any new way of doing things, I kinda though the release stuff would help...easier on the body for one.

Given he grew up with persimmon and heavy blades I think that age group (and I add myself in that) are used to the extra weight in our swing dynamics. So dragging from the top is very common.

I don't know his old ball flight but a "knuckle fade" was his go to shot whe he needed to hit a fairway so I guess used to hit it right to left. He, like myself, isn't that flexible or athletic as he was :eek: (who is lol)

He has had some trouble with a foot injury. I really don't like seeing people struggle, think of not playing,or go down the path of thinking a particular subscription video golf site will cure all ills.

Funny thing is he played with Luke Donald when Luke was younger, I asked how that was, he said "it was tough as I had to give him 3 shots" :D

Status
Not open for further replies.