Help for my friend Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard somewhere that what the club does is important. ;););) Radical stuff, eh?

But I suppose some folks just can't get over the hips thing. Ask Stephen how his bank balance is looking, not where his hips are post impact. It WILL take some time, but we'll get there in the end.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Those swings are great, but id bet you won't be teaching anybody to swing like that guy.

Depends on what you mean by this. Once it's decided between student and teacher what the student should try to do, who knows what it would end up looking like.

Imagine this, teacher says "well, if you try to put this force or that force on the club at this particular time, you may get better results". Then you turn away and just watch ballflight and/or Trackman data. Everything gets better. Then you look at the video and he looks like Jeev Singh. Would that make any teacher unhappy? Would they say....no no no, you have to look like this....

Depends on what you mean by this. Once it's decided between student and teacher what the student should try to do, who knows what it would end up looking like.

Imagine this, teacher says "well, if you try to put this force or that force on the club at this particular time, you may get better results". Then you turn away and just watch ballflight and/or Trackman data. Everything gets better. Then you look at the video and he looks like Jeev Singh. Would that make any teacher unhappy? Would they say....no no no, you have to look like this....

Agreed that ALL that matters is the results. Still, I have to admit watching J. M. Singh just gives me the heebie jeebies. Have...trouble...watching him play...

Absolutely. Why would a teacher teach anyone to swing like someone else?

I'm loving the inherent visual anonymity of things like launch monitors, K-Vests, and force plates. Some new to the technology are finding it a bit liberating that they can make good body and club movements without the mental and/or physical restrictions of having to look like every antiquated handle-dragger "good swing" on a side-by-side comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.