Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys

Have been away from the forum for a little time as lost some interest in the game but decided to come back as determined to get better and rediscover my love for golf.

I am a UK 10 handicap so like to think i can play a reasonable game. My biggest problem is consistency though. Two weeks ago i shot a 7 over par 78 but my last two rounds have been 88 & 95. Its like the sublime to the ridiculous.

Have managed to record some video of my swing using my phone so not the best quality but hoping you guys might be able to spot some issues. The biggest problems to me are lack of distance and the good old slice especially with the driver. I am 6ft 3 so should be able to generate some power and have tried to add some twistaway but i just seem to hit it even shorter

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/42503360" width="500" height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Thanks

Just got back from practise. Tried to get hips more open at impact and more twist on way down. Results were mixed with few hooks, fats and tops but some nice draws to. Didnt realise how poor my hands at impact were and how much forward lean was required

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Just got back from practise. Tried to get hips more open at impact and more twist on way down. Results were mixed with few hooks, fats and tops but some nice draws to. Didnt realise how poor my hands at impact were and how much forward lean was required

A lot of people don't, don't feel bad.

Just a quick update. Played yesterday and shot 82 which included a 9 on a par 4 (stupid mental errors). Had 4 birdies though and ballstriking much better with increased distance. An example was our 16th which is a 445 par 4 and hit driver, 9 iron to back of the green. Was slightly downwind but the shortest club i have hit into that hole for a long time.

Still plenty of work to do on the swing but am now positive I can reach my goal of a single figure handicap. Wanted to say thanks to Brian, Kevin et al for pointing me in the right direction and Brian for his 'Hit it like The Hawk' video

Status
Not open for further replies.