Help with Elbow Plane swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the "up the wall" visual for trying to swing back on the TSP as it is easy to visualize and do while you are over the ball at the range. I have always struggled with the elbow plane swing when I didn't have a mirror behind me. Is there a similar swing thought as the "up the wall" that works well for using a double shift, elbow plane swing?

Good question Tom! It's not that I "want" a double shift, I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me. I've read that a lot of the best ball strikers in history have used the Elbow plane and I thought that I would see what knowledge I could gleam about it from the teachers/forum members (btw I do also know that there are some really good players that use the TSP as well, such as, if I am not mistaken, David Toms)

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Bendet3

Do you have the old "Do it Right!"

It is a four-barrel pattern, with a double-shift.

Anyhoo, look at some Mike Finney video here on the site, and copy his move from the top.

To me, "swinging under the stick" in both directions, ala NSA 2.0, is a great EASY feel.

I will try to do a little video here at Mike Jacobs' place on the double-shift, it'd make a great YouTube!

Brian,

Actually my beta of Do it Right cuts out on me right as you are getting into the good stuff so I haven't ever seen what's on it ( atleast not past the intro part where you go through the set up)

Status
Not open for further replies.