Help with Soft Draw Type Backswing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working on a SD type backswing and a more vertical handpath to delivery and into impact type of swing since my lesson with Brian last August and a lesson with Kevin this past February. I have improved my under plane tendencies but I am still struggling with the backswing. I have a difficult time with my right arm and the left arm wedge rotation. I have to work real hard to accomplish less rotation. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
YouTube - burtonmatt's Channel

Matt

Looks good up to the top, then the club lays off just a bit. I think you could try crossing the line more at the top of the backswing.

I think my response would depend on what your misses are and where you want to go from here. So...spktho is right that, compared to the TEXTBOOK SD backswing, you follow it very nicely right up until the top, at which point instead of continuing the inside path and crossing the line a little, you actually "lay it off" so as to put the club pointing right at the target. In other words, your top position isn't really layed off, but it is more layed off than textbook SD (which is across the line), and you do rotate the lafw right at the top in order to get to this position.

So your top of the backswing position is not textbook SD, but it seems to me that it IS a very good position. Just depends on whether being more across the line would help you. I wouldn't work harder on getting across the line unless there are reasons to do so.

Kevin Shields Are you carrying that right elbow a little high for too long?

So maybe more Left arm wedge rotation and an earlier right shoulder turn more level going back type move?

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.