Henrik Stenson is the sht

Status
Not open for further replies.
Number one in ballstriking and GIR.
Wins FedEx Cup and Race to Dubai in same year, and finishes with a six stroke victory at DP World.
This swing works under pressure! Let's talk about how amazing his action is...

I love the way he keeps the club between his arms on the way back, subtly shallows out on transition and tumbles with his whole upper body through release. A middle of the matrix tumbler, but maybe a hair closer to sergio than watson. A very neutral swing for an athletic but not overly flexible player- great control of how each segments accelerates in the kinetic chain. Some younger long hitters stretch out too much during transition which is powerful but makes speed transfer through the kinetic chain hard to control, but stenson controls it nicely with his arm, shoulder, hip, knee tension. His pivot seems very much like step on right foot bam, then step on left foot bam.

Posture and legs/hips are a little bit different. But, hey, video is a poor medium to judge such subtle differences, no?

But I stick by my original comment: he was a good player when people said he had a crap swing and his swing hasn't changed that much but people's opinions of it have!

Posture and legs/hips are a little bit different. But, hey, video is a poor medium to judge such subtle differences, no?

But I stick by my original comment: he was a good player when people said he had a crap swing and his swing hasn't changed that much but people's opinions of it have!

Not disagreeing, it's a razors edge out there. I just like seeing tall golfers who can ball. :)

either he has made swing changes but those changes are not obvious on 2D camera...ie you would need some force plate data, 3D kinematic sequence and angles data, and trackman data to make a firm statement about the swing change.

or he hasn't really made any swing changes, but instead tightened his tolerance for error so now he hits more good shots and less bad shots...may be due to practicing more or a better mental/emotional game.

These swings got him to #230 in the WGR, spot the differences?
Seems like his swing now is more bent over at address and he takes the club inside sooner on the takeaway, looks more soft draw-ish than before. And seems like his ball starting direction is more to the right now.

What differences do you see?

Status
Not open for further replies.