Here is an interesting Link..

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s a shame really.
Four wealthy cooperate rich old geezers get an overpriced two day lesson from Ben and Steve who won’t be able to apply any of the lessons they were shown anyway. I bet this guys have had lessons from Led, Butch and Flick too.

Brian, how did Elk get his Doctorate before you? Not like Elk has been teaching all these years.

ej20

New
Speaking of Elkington,I have his book "Five Fundamentals".Seeing that the man has an almost text book swing I was surprised to learn he has some rather oblique views about the golf swing.

He talks about holding the club tight and that 3 men could'nt pull it out of his hands.Most instructors recommend a light grip pressure.

Another surprise was how he unwinds his shoulders first in the downswing before the hips and knees to get into what he calls the "stacked position".Most instructors try to get their students to delay their shoulder turn back to the ball.

Are these TGM principles since Elkington holds a Golfing Machine Doctorate?

quote:Originally posted by ej20

Speaking of Elkington,I have his book "Five Fundamentals".Seeing that the man has an almost text book swing I was surprised to learn he has some rather oblique views about the golf swing.

He talks about holding the club tight and that 3 men could'nt pull it out of his hands.Most instructors recommend a light grip pressure.

Another surprise was how he unwinds his shoulders first in the downswing before the hips and knees to get into what he calls the "stacked position".Most instructors try to get their students to delay their shoulder turn back to the ball.

Are these TGM principles since Elkington holds a Golfing Machine Doctorate?

Arnie had a grip that could mash into a steel bar if given a chance.

I don't have the book, although in the book stores I always flip the corners to see his swing, if Elk says he unwinds his shoulders first, I wouldn't know without reading it if he was just starting his shoulders a bit earlier than the rest because the arms and shoulders he a longer way to go then the hips in the swing. Might just be a timing element for him. I think I remember some other golfers speak of moving shoulders first, but then again, what he feel is may not be what we do.
Anyone?

bts

New
quote:Originally posted by brianman

All I will say on the GSED is I should have gotten one (Given one) long ago.
Is a dissertation (about new discovery) required?

quote:Originally posted by brianman

The elk book is all PRE-BEN.

All I will say on the GSED is I should have gotten one (Given one) long ago.

I could not agree more, Brian. You certainly do deserve that honor. Few have placed TGM in the spotlight as much as you have.
And no offense to Mr Elk, but I think he would have trouble teaching the golf swing to the general golfing public. We both know that even with his vast knowleadge of the golf swing, his GSED is attached to his name.
And thats not a bad thing for TGM

Status
Not open for further replies.