Hip Turn In Backswing

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has helped me so much...I am so on board with this idea...

For Brian and MGA guys, I was wondering, how many people do you get to turn their hips LESS?

How about right knee straightening?

Best I can think is a NHA style pattern.

Fred Couples, Monty, and whoever else.

I remember Brian mentioning a sharp turn of the right hip to start the backswing for some people. Is this how you feel it Birdie_Man?

Certainly something I need to work on. Anytime I've taken a lesson, or posted my swing on a forum, I get comments about my lack of hip turn.

Certainly something I need to work on. Anytime I've taken a lesson, or posted my swing on a forum, I get comments about my lack of hip turn.

yeah i would get similar comments about lack of turn as well, though i think its starting to get a bit better for me [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSGLO302uwc[/media]

I recall 2 episodes of "playing lessons with the pros" on the Golf Channel starring John Daly.
In one episode he said (and I'm quoting from memory) " I don't restrict anything on the backswing. If I were to restrict my backswing my back would hurt so much it's no joke"
In the other episode he said " turn your hips and shoulders together". Sure works for him but would never work for me. My best success comes from restricting my hips, full shoulder turn and then swinging from the ground up using the large muscles of the legs, hips and back and thereby taking full advantage of kinematic sequence. :)

Yes absolutely. A sharp turn of the right hip.

It is one of those things that just clicked for me. Instant instant upgrade.

I use my right side much more now. Right shoulder and right hip driven. It's funny...out of all the things and combos of things I tried, I never tried those two together. (never worried about hip turn much before, for some reason). When I did, it clicked.

Nice swing aimr.

Interesting, duckhook. What happens when you turn more freely going back?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.