Hip turn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to keep my lower body quiet other than moving my left knee in on the backswing. By doing this, I seem to be very balanced, can just turn the shoulders and lift the club from a toe up position to finish backswing.
I always feel when doing this with driver that I am not behind the ball enough which causes me to move the position forward more which then takes me off plane.
Questions: should I be turning my hips more with driver?
Is it common to feel stuck with driver on backswing like I am not getting behind ball?
I am left eye dominant, does that cause me to think I need to place ball more forward?
I also notice I am having difficulty with alignment, being left eye dominant I seem to be aiming right but think I am aiming left.

EdZ

New
get that left shoulder over the stable right knee, let the left foot come up just enough to let that happen ('most' people need to, in order to get there) let the hips stay as stable as you can, while getting there.

smooth, efficient motion, no wasted moves -

feel like you hit the ball with the back of the left shoulder

hue

New
quote:Originally posted by semipro

cQuestions: should I be turning my hips more with driver?
In some of Brian's old posts he said he got David Toms turrning his hips more on his backstroke. The restricted hip turn thing is not good and can lead to lower back problems as well as restricting a full shoulder turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.