Hitter Acc. 1,2 and 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have ignore the left arm and try to have a passive left arm. My right arm is always pushing through #1 pp, not throwing like baseball. My driver always go to the right and I can sense that the club face was open. I hit some shot today and intentionally rotate (swivel?) my left arm by #2 pp through impact and the shot go straight.

I might had misunderstood hitting: passive left arm, right arm thursting only, and therefore totally ignore the left. For power acc 2 and also performing the swivel for hitter after impact, do you use #2 pp and left arm power at impact too?

Have you read Brian's "Never Slice Again"?Fix your plane by making straight divots or divots slightly to the right.

Since you're hitting, you are probably using Angled Hinging which has a fade tendency. Try closing the clubface at classic address until the ball flight straighten outs. But, you also have the option of doing what you did - using Horizontal Hinging with left arm roll through Impact.

The talk of having a left side pull or a right side push does NOT negate the other side from its responsibilities. The FEEL of a passive left side in Hitting is not a zero out left arm. Regardless of the built in Angled hinge action- the left side still controls the clubFACE, the left arm still needs to function as a Lever and swivel to follow through. In Swinging, the right arm still needs to drive and straighten, a la Extensor Action. The Golf stroke is very dependent on the right arm activity with either stroke pattern.

As MizJo said about angled hinge action with a driving right arm, it will produce a fade. It does require more of a closed clubface at address.

How do you perform the correct swivel for hitting after both arm straight to finish, for hitter? As mentioned in 12-3-0: Section 12 - finish swivel. I have a tight left arm and tight left grip (#2) when doing the roll after impact.

quote:Originally posted by ryantiff

How do you perform the correct swivel for hitting after both arm straight to finish, for hitter? As mentioned in 12-3-0: Section 12 - finish swivel. I have a tight left arm and tight left grip (#2) when doing the roll after impact.

Hitters swivel once- from followthrough to get back on plane. This is after the arms straightened. Swingers, though, swivel twice- from release point to impact and then from followthrough back on plane,like the hitter does.

Brian Manzella

Administrator

I have ignore the left arm and try to have a passive left arm. My right arm is always pushing through #1 pp, not throwing like baseball. My driver always go to the right and I can sense that the club face was open. I hit some shot today and intentionally rotate (swivel?) my left arm by #2 pp through impact and the shot go straight.

I might had misunderstood hitting: passive left arm, right arm thursting only, and therefore totally ignore the left. For power acc 2 and also performing the swivel for hitter after impact, do you use #2 pp and left arm power at impact too?

Very simply...if you are hitting the clubface should FEEL as though it doesn't open going back, NOR open in the start down.

Yours is doing either. Do neither.;)

Some of my teaching friends kid me about liking Homer's teachings. They feel that they are too complicated and technical. But, your quote, "Yours is doing either. Do neither." is wonderfully to the point. It shows that a good AI can really help a student clear the fog. Thanks
quote:Originally posted by brianman

Very simply...if you are hitting the clubface should FEEL as though it doesn't open going back, NOR open in the start down.

Yours is doing either. Do neither.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.