Hitting - hook

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to learn hitting today, but many shots hooked.

1. I experiment a slightly open face at impact fix and the shot draw or less hook. Since hitting need to remain impact fix aligment all the way and need to hit the aft of the ball with a slightly open face then closed, therefore should the clubface be set slightly open at impact fix?

2. I can feel the power from the right shoulder and the straightering of the right forearm, the shot does not go as far as swinging, something is missing here.

3. As required, same impact fix aligment all the way, but during the backswing with the fanning of the right forearm, I always feel more benting of the right wrist or motion in the right wrist, and coming down the right wrist will lose some bent, is this the action due to the left wrist cocking instead, but you feel is the right wrist benting?

4. Shot goes to the left is that due to not enough body motion ? or too much arm motion? Sometimes I feels my arms benting too early after impact without too much straighterning of both arms, why is that?

5. I am using the standard address position (square square to start with), in the back swing the forearm should cover the plane line?

6. Hitting the aft of the ball I have to intentionally slide my hip across, is that correct?

Thanks in advance, just too much questions.

Might not exactly understand or the right feel of the launching pad concept. Going up, pick up by the right forearm, coming down, the first move is right shoulder to the ball then straighering the right forearm. Is this the launching pad concept?

Status
Not open for further replies.