hitting of the mat

Status
Not open for further replies.
For years when I hit of a golf matI never ever have a problem yet I cant hit for beans of the real grass. I must be doing something wrong for this to happen,any ideas??

Is it the fluffy kind of mat where your ball sits up a little Joe?

i.e. like hitting off toothbrush bristles...

i.e. like hitting off a flier lie all the time.

?

For years when I hit of a golf matI never ever have a problem yet I cant hit for beans of the real grass. I must be doing something wrong for this to happen,any ideas??

Why don't you tell us what your problem is. Hard to give you ideas when nobody knows what your problem is (other than you can't hit on grass). Thin, Fat, etc.

I'm the complete opposite: I can't hit off artificial grass. I especially loathe thick fluffy mats. From your post I can tell compression isn't a friend of yours.

Dig it out of the dirt, not nylon!

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Joe!

Take a few pennies to the range, and put one about three or four inches in front of your ball.

Hit 'em both.

(the ball and the penny, that is.)

I'm the complete opposite: I can't hit off artificial grass. I especially loathe thick fluffy mats. From your post I can tell compression isn't a friend of yours.

Dig it out of the dirt, not nylon!

I seem to have more problems off the mat too, makes me angry and depressed and not want to practice or play. Don't know why that's the case though.

Though I don't hit it great all the time on the course but I swear sometimes I hit 20 horrible, horrible balls in a row at the range.

Status
Not open for further replies.