Hitting/Swinging Body Type

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't post much here but I have the yellow book and have applied myself to the sytem for this whole season...I understand hitting and swinging...I just wonder if one's body type..i.e..stocky, slender, etc...predisposes the golfer to be one or the other...example: would a stocky person (me)do better as a "hitter'?...are there certain levers that re required to be a "swinger?...thanks for all the good dialogue here...

quote:Originally posted by bgathens

I don't post much here but I have the yellow book and have applied myself to the sytem for this whole season...I understand hitting and swinging...I just wonder if one's body type..i.e..stocky, slender, etc...predisposes the golfer to be one or the other...example: would a stocky person (me)do better as a "hitter'?...are there certain levers that re required to be a "swinger?...thanks for all the good dialogue here...
That is the bases of the LAWS book by Mike Adams. But no, anyone can do both. It isn't tought to swing a Horizontal Hinge or to crossline a shaft into the ball - regardless of body type. Just use the one that works better for you. If you are strong- hit, if you are quick- swing. Homer felt every golfer can do both.

quote:Originally posted by bts

It demands better rhythm for swingers, I believe.
Better? Rhythm is the maintaining of the body parts, the arms and shoulders that form the levers holding the club in the hands, with the rotation of the pivot. How can one stroke demand "better?" What is better? Flashier? Quicker? Smoother? Rhythm is as rhythm does.

The right speed at the right moment.
Moment? So much mumbo jumbo terms. Are you saying that swingers need better timing? If so, go check 6-F-0.
Since swingers give themselves up to centrifugal force, with Hitters "...Timing much more critical."

So many think the Hitting stroke is a fat mans stroke, nothing is further from the truth.

OMG! Someone is still mentioning CENTRIFUGAL force.

Homer does, TGM does, what you can't understand that force. Go back to square one. It drives horizontal Hinging, And it isn't just someone -

Mathew

Banned
All this started with that annoying git Jack Kuykendall who allegedly has a physics degree stating there is no centrifugal force.... Well thats why Einstein, NASA scientists and not forgetting Homer Kelly and others who are educated in Physics and Engineering beyond the wildiest dreams of the moron who swings like someone with a congenital disease....

bts

New
quote:Originally posted by njmp2

Timing.
What is timing? Is that rhythm?
Will the following answer your question(s)?

http://www.thieme-connect.com/DOI/DOI?10.1055/s-2003-41175

How about this?

"J Gen Psychol. 2002 Jan;129(1):77-96.

Training in timing improves accuracy in golf.

Libkuman TM, Otani H, Steger N.

Department of Psychology, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant 48859, USA. libku1tm@cmich.edu

In this experiment, the authors investigated the influence of training in timing on performance accuracy in golf. During pre- and posttesting, 40 participants hit golf balls with 4 different clubs in a golf course simulator. The dependent measure was the distance in feet that the ball ended from the target. Between the pre- and posttest, participants in the experimental condition received 10 hr of timing training with an instrument that was designed to train participants to tap their hands and feet in synchrony with target sounds. The participants in the control condition read literature about how to improve their golf swing. The results indicated that the participants in the experimental condition significantly improved their accuracy relative to the participants in the control condition, who did not show any improvement. We concluded that training in timing leads to improvement in accuracy, and that our results have implications for training in golf as well as other complex motor activities.

Publication Types:
Clinical Trial
Randomized Controlled Trial"

quote:Originally posted by bgathens

If you read 1-D, STRUCTURE Homer does give us some insight IMO.

bts, A study of seven skilled golfer? Seven? If a pharma company asked me to try their new hypertension therapy it was studied in seven people. I'm not leaping to try it! Just kidding. But, really think about it, seven people isn't enough to statistically power these conclusions. Not to mention your placebo group. Your placebo group is over there reading golf instruction books. Thats the "kiss of death"! Let me sit in a room reading instruction books then come to the range and try to implement all that I've read. Placebo group is supposed to be neutral, but, I think the instruction books might have been a detriment. Getting back to the seven. A bad shot or two and the distances to target would be out of whack in a hurry. If you had 500 tappers and 500 readers then it would be powered well enough for the data to achieve (SS) Statistical significance.Significantly improved, numerically significant are not the same as (SS)Statistically significant.
Hold off the ticker tape parade at the driving range for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.