Hogan (Grid) Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guitar Hero

Check out this video [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIBHnO6nSq4&feature=channel_page[/media] of Hogan and look at his right forearm position during the take away. Big time right above left. Also check out when the left wrist is cocked. No early set here. Old school one piece take away as some would call it. If you have the pop out and suck the club head inside take away give this take away a try. The key is right above left.

Check out this video [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIBHnO6nSq4&feature=channel_page[/media] of Hogan and look at his right forearm position during the take away. Big time right above left. Also check out when the left wrist is cocked. No early set here. Old school one piece take away as some would call it. If you have the pop out and suck the club head inside take away give this take away a try. The key is right above left.

This video has been posted many times on this forum and others. There are many versions of it on YouTube.

It's what I call a "swinging one-piece takeaway" (as opposed to a robotic one piece takeaway).

Notice his balance is a little unusual for Hogan at the finish. I wonder why.

ej20

New

Leadbetters original model is looking better and better.He did specify a higher right forearm than left on the t/a.Most good players do this.

Too bad he only had one model to fit all.

Guitar Hero

Tip of the day

Leadbetters original model is looking better and better.He did specify a higher right forearm than left on the t/a.Most good players do this.

Too bad he only had one model to fit all.

Making this take away has nothing to do with a model.

This is a solid fundamental take away. All golfers that have pop out, sucking the club head inside on the take away should learn a right above left take away and their fault would be fixed.

This take away will also provide more up in the swing. Many golfers still see the club path as a merry-go-round on the ground going inside and around and not a Farris Wheel going back and up from the ground on the take away.

That is another reason for pop out, sucking the club head inside on the take away. The club path of the driver as well as all clubs is a way closer to a Farris Wheel than a merry-go-round during the take away.

Also from release through impact to the follow through many still see in their minds a club head path on the ground going around like a merry-go-round.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Learn this take away and you are on your way to seeing the true club head path which is way closer to a Farris Wheel than a merry-go-round.

Bronco Billy

First Roller Coasters Now... John... Did You Ever Work at a Carnival....

Making this take away has nothing to do with a model.

This is a solid fundamental take away. All golfers that have pop out, sucking the club head inside on the take away should learn a right above left take away and their fault would be fixed.

This take away will also provide more up in the swing. Many golfers still see the club path as a merry-go-round on the ground going inside and around and not a Farris Wheel going back and up from the ground on the take away.

That is another reason for pop out, sucking the club head inside on the take away. The club path of the driver as well as all clubs is a way closer to a Farris Wheel than a merry-go-round during the take away.

Also from release through impact to the follow through many still see in their minds a club head path on the ground going around like a merry-go-round.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Learn this take away and you are on your way to seeing the true club head path which is way closer to a Farris Wheel than a merry-go-round.
:)

Anyone else notice the forward press at the start of the swing. Total body press, very slight, then the arms go back in one piece.

Interesting thing is that in 5 Lessons Hogan said start the swing with the hands. He got so smooth that you really can't see any hand action. His turn is very well synchronized.

I've personally been working on this takeaway and the results are great. Feels very shallow (from my traditional upright pattern), but the long clubs are so much easier to hit. The hands hinge entirely different this way, and I achieve a flat left wrist at the top (woohoo!). The swing feels shorter than it really is, but some of that is the coiling that results from loading the body in the right sequence (I suffer from turning the hips too fast in the backswing). Tightening my pivot has been essential.

One change I have had to make is getting my right hand more covering my left hand. It was too far down the shaft and the hands were not acting as one unit. The club is supported much better when my right hand covers the fleshy V of the left hand thumb entirely.

Now I just gonna figure out how to stop pull hooking the short irons. Maybe a narrower open stance, just a little face rotation in the backswing and more mid-body hands...

I also need to get use to the look of offset irons and what is really square. I have a tendency to setup with the clubface closed.

Off to the range tonight to find out.

Bronco Billy

Did You Ever Notice? That a One Piece BackSwing Makes Golf Extremely Difficult...

If You Can't Hit a High Straight Chip Shot With a Replica of Your Full Swing.... Well Then.... Just Start Over.... Because You Ain't Makin It.... Have a Great Day With Your New Found Knowledge.....:)

Guitar Hero

Did You Ever Notice? That a One Piece BackSwing Makes Golf Extremely Difficult... Have a Great Day With Your New Found Knowledge.....:)

Maybe a one piece back swing but not a one piece take away.

Billy how do you make a one piece back swing?

I don’t think it can be done. It is funny how some really don't read the posts.:

Last edited:
A Hogan one piece takeaway, without popout, is fantastic for me as I habitually suck the club behind my hands to the inside on the takeaway. How do I know that it works? The ball flight. That's my final judgement.

On a seperate note:

Bronco, why are your posts always really cryptic? Is there a purpose to the ambiguity?

Maybe you don't realize this, but it comes off as really pompous.

Just for the record, I am not making this personal, just stating an observation.

Status
Not open for further replies.