Hogan grip size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey bman, you have held hogans clubs and I was curios about his grip size. Did he play with grips that were smaller or bigger for his hand size?

also, is there a compilation video of him chipping/pitching/full shots without commentary, just him hitting all kinds of shots I saw a video on youtube where he discusses the grip and pressure points, does he have any more videos on him giving instructions as well. i just want to obseve what he does without input from another source on how they think he does it. Of course if he taslks about it then thats fine. I also would lke the same on Sergio garcia.
any help would be great,
thanks
Neil

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Hey bman, you have held hogans clubs and I was curios about his grip size. Did he play with grips that were smaller or bigger for his hand size?

also, is there a compilation video of him chipping/pitching/full shots without commentary, just him hitting all kinds of shots I saw a video on youtube where he discusses the grip and pressure points, does he have any more videos on him giving instructions as well. i just want to obseve what he does without input from another source on how they think he does it. Of course if he taslks about it then thats fine. I also would lke the same on Sergio garcia.
any help would be great,
thanks
Neil

Hogan's grips were the same size as today's standard size grips, they had a reminder in them that was VERY PROMINENT!

It MADE YOU grip it just like he did—a "Manzella-Neutral" left hand and a very weak right hand.

Are you trying to cope Hogan and Sergio?

Hogan's grips were the same size as today's standard size grips, they had a reminder in them that was VERY PROMINENT!

It MADE YOU grip it just like he did—a "Manzella-Neutral" left hand and a very weak right hand.

Are you trying to cope Hogan and Sergio?
thanks for answering bman.
interesting how the golf industry has not seemed to learn from the best in regards to grip (the reminder) and swingweight. Mike austin had a very heavy clubhead on his driver and there is an oldtimer teaching pro I know who played some pro golf and he said his swingweight on his driver was d14. He said back in the day he could get it out to 350 on occasion. You got an in with someone who you can tell them to make the reminder you speak of?
working on swinging like hogan and sergio? yeah pretty much. ive had my best ball striking that way.
later brother
Neil

The secret to both is a late tumble, and a late "jump" and a little toss to control the angle of attack.

Are these x-references to moves discussed in one of your teaching videos?

On the reminder grips - does the relationship between horizontal and vertical planes and clubpath, in other words, that you need a progressively more left-aligned plane line with shorter clubs (assuming you want a zeroed path), mean that as you go to shorter clubs your grip also should be aligned progressively "weaker" for a zeroed face at impact?

Been think about doing it for years.

Need to make 10,000 of them.

That's a lot.

The secret to both is a late tumble, and a late "jump" and a little toss to control the angle of attack.

how about getting a pre order form, see how many people you can get to sign up for them ahead of time and present it to the club/grip rep? if so sign me up

hey man, interesting drill I was messing with yesterday. I set up at address and took the right hand off, as I was swinging back to the top I put the right hand on, somewhere around mid backswing. first shot 7 iron was about 175, with range ball, flighted pretty good. hit about 10 balls, if it was a little easier to control consistently, I would play that way. Thought I would mention it since I know your a bit of a tinkerer. definitely showed me that in a certain style of swing the right hand has little roll in the backswing.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this goes in this thread or where, but I'm curious about reminder ribs. Could you use them to help create correct D plane outcomes? I've read Brian say that you can put your hands on your driver slightly stronger than the Manzella neutral grip.

So my question is, can you put your reminder ribs on your clubs slightly differently on the long/medium/short irons to help make sure your clubface is pointing in the right direction to counteract the down and out movement of the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.