hogan right side

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been a long time away from the forum, hope everyone is doing well.
was looking into the hogan swing and watching it on the telly. Hogan on his downswing seems to push forward with his right foot and his left hip seems to clear. Supposedly he talks in an article about having his right knee go towards the ball, however watching him on that 4 disk hogan thing by McClain. Hogan seems to roll on his right foot on the way down and not until the shot finishing does his right foot turn onto the ball of his foot. also, from down the line at the beginning of the downswing his right knee does not seem to move out, more parallel. Just thought I would throw this out there and see what the hogan disciples have to say
thanks fellas
Neil

Welcome back.

Hogan seems to roll on his right foot on the way down and not until the shot finishing does his right foot turn onto the ball of his foot.

I am not sure I have a clear image s4p.

Do you mean not until late in his swing does he start moving towards getting onto his right toe?

(the first move in that said sequence being lifting the right heel)

Does your post reference a supposed "secret" (of sorts) move from a very large thread on another site?

Last edited:
Welcome back.

I am no sure I have a clear image s4p.

Do you mean not until late in his swing does he start moving towards getting onto his right toe?

(the first move in that said sequence being lifting the right heel)

Does your post reference a supposed "secret" (of sorts) move from a very large thread on another site?

How come there is only this cryptic reference to the move? I thought for sure this forum would have more info on it.

Dariusz J.

Been a long time away from the forum, hope everyone is doing well.
was looking into the hogan swing and watching it on the telly. Hogan on his downswing seems to push forward with his right foot and his left hip seems to clear. Supposedly he talks in an article about having his right knee go towards the ball, however watching him on that 4 disk hogan thing by McClain. Hogan seems to roll on his right foot on the way down and not until the shot finishing does his right foot turn onto the ball of his foot. also, from down the line at the beginning of the downswing his right knee does not seem to move out, more parallel. Just thought I would throw this out there and see what the hogan disciples have to say
thanks fellas
Neil

IMO, it resulted more from shear forces and meeting natural limits of his rear leg joints than a conscious pushing action. He preset the rear knee/ankle joints at address not without a cause.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.