hooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget about gear effect! When I suffered the duck hooks I would come way from the inside and hit the driver on the toe. I couldn't replicate that shot on the range because on the range I would never hit the driver so far out on the toe. (Range swing does not equal tournament swing sometimes/most of the time).

I don't know how prevalent, but is it possible to be steep in transition, then back the shaft up too much?

I don't know how prevalent, but is it possible to be steep in transition, then back the shaft up too much?

Absolutely. Happens all the time. But the AA is then shallow not steep. Backing up stands the shaft up and shallows the angle.

bcoak

New
Just trying to figure it out after battling hooks last 2 rounds. No data. Was hitting it fat at times. Arms felt like they were going left and over. Just wondering if I was getting too steep. Never really had the hooks so a new battle

I got rid of my hooks from figuring out I was addressing the ball a little too bent over. I'd start backing off the ball in my backswing and come back to the ball with a more upright posture, presenting either the toe end of the club or trying to unconsciously save it by lunging at it. Stood more upright, and now it's either a center strike or a heel cut at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.