How about this camera??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Super High Speed Video

I'll get one when it gets under $2000 US and has its own view screen.

Most pros would teach worse with it....they already teach worse (over)using video and line drawing programs.

The poor chap needs some help.

I'll get one when it gets under $2000 US and has its own view screen.

Most pros would teach worse with it....they already teach worse (over)using video and line drawing programs.

The poor chap needs some help.

Heh, I said to a student recently... "The worst invention to hit the golf instruction world has been the video. Not because it isn't helpful but because people use it for the wrong reasons."

Without using my camcorder to film my own swing i believe i would still be a 10 handicapper as it is i am now off 5 and still film with a view to further improvement.

lia41985

I really used to think cameras could help athletes.

If you ask Pete Sampras and John McEnroe, they'll say they were just copying what they learned by watching Rod Laver tapes. If you talk to Tiger, he'll say he tried to create a swing that combined the best position from players like Nicklaus and Snead. If you ask John Daly, he'll tell you how he learned to play the game from studying Jack Nickalus cartoons.

However, if I look at too much video or too many pictures I become too "positional" and lose sight of dynamics and alignments.

There's a fine line.

I think video can definitely helpful to see if you've ingrained a move you're working on or to see whether or not you've truly rid yourself of a problematic move. By the same token, without a disciplined approach to using video and/or without authorized instructional help, you could really get lost.

Last edited:

JeffM

It would certainly show (at 500 frames/second) that the hands are definitely not stationary at impact. :)

Jeff.

lia41985

I disagree--search for posts by Oliver Heuler. He displayed some pictures of a student of his who was a German touring professional. Wow. Michael Finney put it best when he said, "no offense to our German friends, but he looks like a struggling touring professional).

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
I take it you have never "thrown up in your mouth a little bit" upon seeing something disgusting.....or after a long night of drinking. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.