How awesome was this shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

natep

New
Bubba Watson on 18 at the Hyundai. 305 yards to the green. Hits driver off the deck with 50 yards of slice on it to curve it in next to the pin. Amazing.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK4h8I2Xqec[/media]

dlam

New
Not to take anything away from Bubba but slicing a driver off the fairway is not so difficult. What makes it awasome is that most players are 40 to 100 yards shorter.
Very creative shot.

ZAP

New
Really a cool shot try try in a tournament. Just proves lefties will try almost any shot.

I love the way Bubba plays. Every once in a while, they use a camera angle that really let's you see how much he moves the ball. And dlam is right; the fact that he can hit those big cuts as far as he does is something else.

I'm hoping that if they get this new Detroit tournament up and running, he'll come play in it. I'd bet it's really something to see in person.

Looking at Bubba's stats from 2009 (#60 on the money list) to 2010 (#15 on the money list), he hit more greens in reg (#55...up from #132), was #2 GIR% from the "other than the fairway" (which is a big plus given his driving accuracy%), improved his Sat/Sunday scoring averages, and was #13 (up from #86) in par 4 birdies or better. His putting has only dipped slightly but more than likely due to the fact that he's hitting more greens.

Bubba

From what i have seen he is a super nice guy as well. Took two of my boys to the Barclays when it was at Liberty National. We were hanging out behind the ropes btw the 1st and 2nd hole and the kids (4 and 6 at the time) were trying to get a fist bump from Bubba (one of the kids is a southpaw so loves him). Bubba gave 'em both fist bumps, stopped to say hi and took a couple balls out of his bag and gave one to each. ProV1X with pink dot as his mark. Kids LOVED it!

From what i have seen he is a super nice guy as well. Took two of my boys to the Barclays when it was at Liberty National. We were hanging out behind the ropes btw the 1st and 2nd hole and the kids (4 and 6 at the time) were trying to get a fist bump from Bubba (one of the kids is a southpaw so loves him). Bubba gave 'em both fist bumps, stopped to say hi and took a couple balls out of his bag and gave one to each. ProV1X with pink dot as his mark. Kids LOVED it!

Cool! Both the shot and the gesture to your kids, I know the guys can't always spend time with everyone they see but it is nice to hear these stories when you hear them.

I am amazed more at putt that he made than the shot itself. Knowing how many times I've pulled of an incredible shot only to miss the putt I think there's far more pressure.

He was the same way at the Zurich, laid back and down to earth. Really nice guy, even after his tee ball went in the trap.

How do you slice it that much?

Looked like he hit it right off the toe, almost missed it, no?

I could have hooked it that much but it wouldn't have gone very far;)

Video removed due to copyright claim by The PGA. :(

Maybe there is a "rat" in the house...! Hehe who knows. I mean they probly scour YT for current event stuff...

Didn't mean anything by rat BTW. Just making silly joke...mafia parallel. An inside guy!!

6.5 off the deck...300 yards probably...he made the putt??...cool...

dbl

New
The video is still viewable at the shackelford link given earlier, as that site embedded the video from pgatour.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.