How can I aim a putter that far off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting has been up and down past few years. Tried Pelz stroke / now Stan Utley method. I would make a bunch, then misses left or right or short (now waiting for an explosion on next putt).

Short story really really short I bought this little laser attached to my putter from http://golfjustlikethepros.com/ (or ebay where I got it). Dude is based out of Brian M. neck of the woods. Im in MN (nor get any kick backs promoting)

http://cgi.ebay.com/GOLF-PUTTER-LAS...ryZ36234QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Results- 9 out of 10 times I was aimed left, not a little, but a lot. 10 footer I was 12 inches left of the target.......how in subconscious land did any putts go in this year.

FYI prob wont work on center shafted putters. I got a new Scotty Cameron Newport that it works well on. Hope this helps one player out there!

That's pretty interesting. I'm scared to know how far of I'm aimed.
I've actually been checking out the new SeeMore putters. I think I dig that rifle scope technology. Pretty simple, but seems effective.

Just check it out there web site. Seems they suggest a laser to help guide their putter at first. Then your set. Dang, anyone want to buy a slightly used Cameron lol

Guys,
Using a mallet putter with a long aiming line can help, which you can then aim at an interim point (about 1-2 feet in front of the ball)...That then means you only ever have to aim a precise 1-2 foot putt...

I use a mallet (which I have doctored) and, on average am only 6/10ths of a degree out at address...

This will be my replacement putter when I get around to it...:) I think Vijay and Mike Weir used them last year.
http://www.sizemoregolf.com/xm2.php

Guys,
Using a mallet putter with a long aiming line can help, which you can then aim at an interim point (about 1-2 feet in front of the ball)...That then means you only ever have to aim a precise 1-2 foot putt...

I use a mallet (which I have doctored) and, on average am only 6/10ths of a degree out at address...

This will be my replacement putter when I get around to it...:) I think Vijay and Mike Weir used them last year.
http://www.sizemoregolf.com/xm2.php

But will that puttter help? Now rather than targeting the hole, your targeting the spot 1-2 ft in front of you ball

Its easier to line your putter to a target 1-2 feet in front of the ball... It deals with any problems you have re eye position, parallex error etc....

Brian Manzella

Administrator
WHOA!

NOTHING WRONG AT ALL, with aiming the putter to the left for some strokes!!!!!

Four of the VERY best putters I have seen:

1. Bob Charles (aims right—he is a lefty)

2. Ben Doyle

3. Don Villavaso

4. Chris Hamburger

ALL aimed to the left at ADDRESS!!!

They then set "impact hands" on the backstroke, kept them, and made everything.

Buyer beware!!! :cool:

Thanks Brian. I usually do not work on the game in the winter (in Duluth, MN), but want to regain my game form in 2003. The fact that I KNOW that the putter was aiming left helps more mentally. Got three months to rebuild the basics and go from there.

Thanks!
Jeff S

Its easier to line your putter to a target 1-2 feet in front of the ball... It deals with any problems you have re eye position, parallex error etc....

would you aim a gun 1-2 ft in front to hit that bird, or aim at a spot 1-2 ft in front of you to make that free throw

happy new year all,
i was once told by an old scottish pro that most people have a tendancy to aim the putter either left or right. once i found my tendency, i began to allow for it and became a good putter. i now aim slightly left (i am a lefty) and allow for my tendency. whatever works!
jimmy

would you aim a gun 1-2 ft in front to hit that bird, or aim at a spot 1-2 ft in front of you to make that free throw

Sorry, but that is a rediculous comparison.. :rolleyes: ..we are not trying to hit a bird, or a freethrow (whatever that is)....for a start we are not standing naturally to our target as you probably would be in the above examples.
We are putting and are standing at 90* to where we would normally want to be, which is where all alignment problems come from in the first place ......

Sorry, but that is a rediculous comparison.. :rolleyes: ..we are not trying to hit a bird, or a freethrow (whatever that is)....for a start we are not standing naturally to our target as you probably would be in the above examples.
We are putting and are standing at 90* to where we would normally want to be, which is where all alignment problems come from in the first place ......

What TB is referring to is very real and definitely not ridiculous. It has been confirmed with numerous students on the putting green and indoors with the SAMS Puttlab.

whether then that target is 1-2 feet in front of you of the hole 15 feet away the application still applies, the point is when putting you are targeting the hole, (at least if your trying to make it) by creating an alternate target, your subconcious is not longer focused on the hole but that little spot several feet in front, which makes it more difficult to target for touch AND for aim

What TB is referring to is very real and definitely not ridiculous. It has been confirmed with numerous students on the putting green and indoors with the SAMS Puttlab.

Last time I used the SAM Puttlab I was 1/10th of one degree out at impact...
How accurate do you want to be?.....

whether then that target is 1-2 feet in front of you of the hole 15 feet away the application still applies, the point is when putting you are targeting the hole, (at least if your trying to make it) by creating an alternate target, your subconcious is not longer focused on the hole but that little spot several feet in front, which makes it more difficult to target for touch AND for aim

Sorry but you've misunderstood my point..
You only focus on the interim alignment point during setup, to make sure you have the blade angle where you intend it, NOT during your stroke....,,,once you have done it you can then "do whatever it is you do"...:)

Last time I used the SAM Puttlab I was 1/10th of one degree out at impact...
How accurate do you want to be?.....

I wasn't aware we were discussing your tendancies/accuracy...

0.5 degree open/closed with the face from 6 feet means you're on the right/left edge of the hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.