How do you deal with a really bad round of golf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp12c

New
Just ignore it?

Ignore no way!, Ive learned the most from by baaaad rounds. Study that round from start to finish, shot by shot if possible, look at your intent, decision making, commitment, execution, reaction to shots not deemed satisfactory and did that bleed on to the next shot causing a snowball effect, which leads to less commitment, indifference and ultimatley to slowly giving up.

Ignore no way!, Ive learned the most from by baaaad rounds. Study that round from start to finish, shot by shot if possible, look at your intent, decision making, commitment, execution, reaction to shots not deemed satisfactory and did that bleed on to the next shot causing a snowball effect, which leads to less commitment, indifference and ultimatley to slowly giving up.

My last 4 rounds, 78, 78, 79, 80. Yesterday 90. Miss bunch of putts, 2 OBs....with a quadriple bogey. Unbelievable round of golf. I don't know if it has anything to do with lower back pain. I don't want to use it as an excuse.

jimmyt

New
My bad rounds are always due to poor tempo or some kind of brain cramp during a round. So I choose to ignore as well. Since I'm not a professional I find it impossible to maintain 100% focus over a 4+ hour round. Generally I have 14 very decent holes that if the putter is working I could likely be under par, however it's those 4 holes that come up every round that keep me shooting high 70's. Getting out asap would be another way of dealing with it.

Those 4 holes a round are either mental or physical, leaning toward physical @55 years old.

hp12c

New
My last 4 rounds, 78, 78, 79, 80. Yesterday 90. Miss bunch of putts, 2 OBs....with a quadriple bogey. Unbelievable round of golf. I don't know if it has anything to do with lower back pain. I don't want to use it as an excuse.
That 90 seems like an outlier from your previous 4 rounds. Pain can be a possiblity for that 90 but only time will tell. In Jimmyt post he mentions not able to 100% concentrate on 4+ round of golf. No offense jimmyt. When put that way it is taxing so how about breaking it down to 100% concentration on a shot by shot, which takes how long?. When I break it down that way it feels more doable and I dont have that "I cant get into a rythm with all the wait time between tees" sound easy but takes lots of practice/concentration, especially with all the distractions on the tee/course.

Swing lube...

1361633354_superman_drinking.gif

hp12c

New
i could be shooting 100 tomorrow!

I got fooled once by someone the guy was playing worse than me and he wanted to play for money. All of a sudden the guy hitting almost every fairway on in regulation close to the pin 1 putting. I paid him lesson learned.:cool:

I got fooled once by someone the guy was playing worse than me and he wanted to play for money. All of a sudden the guy hitting almost every fairway on in regulation close to the pin 1 putting. I paid him lesson learned.:cool:

Could it get any better. Shot 74 today. Almost got even par. I'm having a baby in 2 month which means no play for me for a while. One of my goals was to shoot under 75. I did it, now I can move on.

Develop a short memory. Don't be afraid to lie to yourself! It helps. There's a reason Bubba was blaming his caddie! It was to protect his ego/confidence. I think the smart pros play the courses that give them the best chance of winning/making cuts.

hp12c

New
Could it get any better. Shot 74 today. Almost got even par. I'm having a baby in 2 month which means no play for me for a while. One of my goals was to shoot under 75. I did it, now I can move on.

See no money games with you!! Congrats on the baby, fatherhood is one of the most challenging, happiest, patince learning experince in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.