How do you determine your club yardages?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a new set of clubs and I want to accurately figure out my yardages and am curious how people go about determining theirs. I'm quite certain that many of you have some good ideas or methods that I haven't thought of.

GPS can definitely help. Most have the ability to mark the beginning and end of a shot

I have been hitting about 5 balls or so from distances on a hole going and seeing how close to the center of the green they land and kind of guestimating from that. Then I pick them up and walk back and try another club from another yardage. It's quite inefficient and time consuming.

Using a gps seems like a pain as well. I guess you could mark the balls and calculate the distance if you hit them to some point but it all seems inefficient and clumsy, depending on how the machine works. Ranges are almost useless and you still need to have a rangefinder. I think I'll probably just setup some time with Brian and have him use trackman and spend the money that way. I need to get my driver conditions optimized as well so I can purchase one that is suited to my swing.

Status
Not open for further replies.