how do you stop quiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how do you stop quitting and hitting fat and left. this is one of my problems when i play (although we know im not playing for a while now ;) )

i've heard things like following ball with your eyes and not stayin down. and i though chip-pitch-punch would work.

also, is it best to work on the pivot, or to educate the hands?

pecky,
from my own experience its mostly in the pivot....

I solved this some time ago by telling myself I was going to finish with my right shoulder pointing as far left of the target as possible....then I swung and made sure my head stayed steady until after impact....but with the intention of the right shoulder getting to the predetermined position...I would even pick out a target left of my target for the shoulder to point to....
But thats just my way...:)

Burner

New
how do you stop quitting and hitting fat and left. this is one of my problems when i play (although we know im not playing for a while now ;) )

i've heard things like following ball with your eyes and not stayin down. and i though chip-pitch-punch would work.

also, is it best to work on the pivot, or to educate the hands?

You may be doing this because the ball is too far back in your stance at address. Chopping down on it and then trying to steer it where you want it to go most likely.

So, hit the Range, place balls at the outside edge of your left shoulder (with all clubs) and drill yourself to get down, out and right through the ball to a full finish.

Don't give a damn where the balls go, just concentrate on the feeling of getting right through your swing.

Work the ball position gradually backwards, as necessary for each given club, once you have got comfortable with your full swing again.

Finally, when you venture back out on the course just play golf, not golf swing.

Hope you soon get back to enjoying your golf.

Status
Not open for further replies.