How Far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcw

New
How far in front of the clubhead should one's hands be at impact for a "standard" full swing shot with:

1) Driver
2) Long-iron
3) Mid-iron
4) Wedge

...TIA!

-hcw

How far in front of the clubhead should one's hands be at impact for a "standard" full swing shot with:

1) Driver
2) Long-iron
3) Mid-iron
4) Wedge

...TIA!

-hcw

Grab your wedge (or whatever club) and get into an impact fix position. You can manipulate your hands from there to determine the proper amount of clubhead lag. Once those scoring lines "look" parallel to the ground that's the right spot. ;)

hcw

New
thanks....

1) Driver
2) Long-iron
3) Mid-iron
4) Wedge

...TIA!

-hcw

2m: not exactly sure what you are saying, but i think the score lines can be parallel with the club having infinite different lofts?

jimk: ok, that's what i'm needing i think...btw, did you ever find that post you were looking for?

birdie: i believe you are correct, that's why i said a "standard" full swing shot:)

-hcw

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
That will put your hands behind the ball with the driver and produce a bent left wrist.

Yup, just like soling it more on the leading edge would be delofting the club. You need to sole the club so that you aren't putting the sole of the too bias to one side or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.