How good is your #2 golfer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are standing over a shot. Any shot outside of a 6' putt or so. For whatever reason, you hit what you would consider a poor shot. Basically a shot that is going to make you have to work for your par. Semi-disgusted, you drop (or tee up) another ball, add or subtract that one bit of info that lead to the poor shot, and, viola, hit a much better shot. We've all had this happen, so I have some questions about it:

1. What is your current handicap (or estimate) for reference?
2. What would your handicap be if you got to hit a mulligan after ONLY "poor" shots?
3. What would your handicap be if you hit EVERY shot like your #2 man?
4. What techniques have you found helpful in "hitting your second shot first?"

My answers:
1. 6
2. 0 (I think this will be the case for most of us?)
3. I'd be on a mini-tour somewhere. My #2 man is a friggin' beast
4. I got no idea. Hence the thread.

1. 9
2. 2ish -- sometimes the good putts just don't fall
3. +something
4. Implementing "the feel" that I didn't have in the first (poor) shot

P.S. My recent visit to Destin included rounds at Kelly Plantation and three of the four Sandestin courses. Liked them all but really enjoyed The Raven layout.

?
?
I think the # 2 guy can hit better shots because they don't count.

The technique that works best is when I'm thinking about the process and letting the result happen

1. 9
2. 2ish -- sometimes the good putts just don't fall
3. +something
4. Implementing "the feel" that I didn't have in the first (poor) shot

P.S. My recent visit to Destin included rounds at Kelly Plantation and three of the four Sandestin courses. Liked them all but really enjoyed The Raven layout.

The Raven hosted the Emerald Coast Classic on the Champion's Tour for 3 or 4 years, beginning in 2005 (I think). -10 for 3 days was the winning score around that track. It's a good one. Next time you are coming into town, PM me and I'll see if we can chase it around.

Oh god. very good. especially with the irons. There's no pressure and you know, to a certain degree, what you did wrong.

My no.2 golfer is just as bad as I am - but we never meet, as he's always on the other side of the fairway to me.
My no.3 golfer is pretty handy though.

We used to play a money game where you got one "redo" per hole and you got to choose when you used it. I am a 3 now and always shot under par, it's amazing how many putts you can make when you know the line.

We used to play a money game where you got one "redo" per hole and you got to choose when you used it. I am a 3 now and always shot under par, it's amazing how many putts you can make when you know the line.

I have played the game where the lower 'cap gets the difference between handicaps in redo's. I have also played the opposite, where the lower 'cap gets to make the other guy redo that many shots. This is pretty tough, if you are the lower 'cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.