how important

Status
Not open for further replies.
is balance and keeping the weight on the insides of the feet during the swing? what are the issues if it gets to the outside of the rear foot on the way back or the outside of the front foot on the way down

just a thought...

is balance and keeping the weight on the insides of the feet during the swing? what are the issues if it gets to the outside of the rear foot on the way back or the outside of the front foot on the way down

I wonder what happens to head and left shoulder position if you get the weight on the outside of left/lead foot before impact. Does that mean that head and left shoulder have moved forwards of their fix position?

bts

New
Lateral movement and pivot-controlled hands

There could be nothing wrong with it, which needs merely a bit more practice to get consistancy.

how can you make a consistent swing if your weight is all over the place?
and bman, you mean the milk crate drills did not help you?

I think I can see the point....

Cause u can hit lots of good shots without perfect balance.

Don't you think it might as well be Imperative tho Brian?

if you are in balance then you dont have to worry about tempo, and it is a lot easier to feel correct balance than tempo
hogan, jack, and tiger talk about how important balance is, so I guess that is pretty much the answer to my question. as hogan said the role of the set up, is to get you into a balanced position to make a golf swing from.

so bob gilder struck the ball well by not being in balance? was he always in a different unbalanced position or did he continually end up in the same unbalanced position? If your weight does the exact same thing everytime I would imagine it would be much easier to repeat that swing than if your weight was always changing patterns

If someone has a constantly changing swing plane or path, what woudl be the culprit?

Last edited:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Balance

Ever watch a hacker/slicer's practice swing?

PERFECT BALANCE. Better than NickLOSS.

But, the real swing they fall all over themselves.

CLUBFACE!!

Fixing the CLUBFACE can fix the balance,

but fixing the BALANCE will never, ever fix the clubface!:cool: :cool:

NickLOSS.....lol....

K u got a point in that.

So why did a guy like Gilder fall all over then?

Better balance woulda added more consistency to his game no?

Ever watch a hacker/slicer's practice swing?

PERFECT BALANCE. Better than NickLOSS.

But, the real swing they fall all over themselves.

CLUBFACE!!

Well what about this
Sometimes you can watch people set up and take a practice swing that looks to be in good balance but if they have no target there is something that may be noticable. Those people may have the club cross over a point that in 1-2 inches inside or outside where they were at address. SO because there is no aiming point then they can allow their body to swing in balance. But as soon as you add an aiming point they then loose their balance and have a crappy swing. I undestand that clubface control is very important. If you set up incorrectly to where a balanced swing wouldl not get you back to the ball, then that means you have to sacrifice balance/swing mechanics in order to get to your aiming point. You may have to reach out, pull in, just to get back to the ball, and you would sacrifice clubface control in the process

brian, what would you do with the student decscribed in the previous post, whose practice swings do not go back and forth on the same path, not the path of inside square inside but the path in relation to distance from the body.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
brian, what would you do with the student decscribed in the previous post, whose practice swings do not go back and forth on the same path, not the path of inside square inside but the path in relation to distance from the body.

I don't worry a LICK about their practice swings.

Fixing the pivot can fix the clubface sometimes.
Some people (not you Brian) think all you need is a flat left wrist from the top to impact for good clubface control...but it's much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.