How is your takeaway started?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many of you start your takeaway with your leftside and or rightside. Which is better for your and why? Need to know....joe

tank

New
How many of you start your takeaway with your leftside and or rightside. Which is better for your and why? Need to know....joe

I don't think you can have a definitive correct answer to this question. I think it's more a matter of getting to a good top of the backswing position, than it is a matter of how you get there. you can get 10 different answers from 10 different golfers who get to the same top of the backswing position.

For me:

-Backswing starts with my left side. (left shoulder)

Why?

-Mostly because I like to feel like I start my downswing with my left side. ("left shoulder up")

Why?

-Because I hit it better like that.

Why?

-I throw it away less this way and I think I probably "snap the chain" better as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the answers. I just like to know what position you get in if say you start with your left shoulder like most do. Some take their right hip back some sternum, etc. Does that takeaway you do put you in a position to strike the ball better. does it make you hit down or up. Like the person that uses his r forearm. I tried that and find it hard to get the ball in the air . Just looking for some answers,thanks...joe

i find it helpful to stay in constant motion at address....lightly tapping toe to heel while waggling....then my left foot smoothly rolls inward to start the swing...this triggers the feet, knees, hips, etc, from the ground up...which sets up the downswing ...from the ground up! helps my timing and tempo

Status
Not open for further replies.