How many of the forum members and instructor see the impact in their swing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp12c

New
I ask cause I sometimes dont and I was wondering should we be looking at the impact on our swing?

hp12c

New
You mean actually seeing impact during the swing?

Never.

Hey cloran when you take the club away on the BS r u looking at the ball and then somewhere between the BS and DS u r still looking at the ball but miss the blur of the clubhead go through the ball?

This could just be a wording thing....

I always see the ball get struck but I would never say that I saw the club head strike the ball. I wasn't watching the club head, I had my eye on the ball. How can anyone not see impact? Abandon hand-eye coordination, no thank you.

hp12c

New
This could just be a wording thing....

I always see the ball get struck but I would never say that I saw the club head strike the ball. I wasn't watching the club head, I had my eye on the ball. How can anyone not see impact? Abandon hand-eye coordination, no thank you.

Yes its a wording thing, thank you magicmarker. I sometimes dont see the ball get struck, but seem to strike/make contact with the ball.

natep

New
I cant look at the ball on the downswing. Its more of a zoned out gaze where I'm not looking at anything.

I black out about as soon as I reach the top and don't really know what's going on until the club has come to a complete stop on the other end. That's on my good shots. The bad ones are the ones where I try to see or change what's going on. The thinking should be done before the swing, and the actual swing is more of a cerebellum controlled motor skill thing to me.

You can't think and hit at the same time - Yogi Berra

hp12c

New
I black out about as soon as I reach the top and don't really know what's going on until the club has come to a complete stop on the other end. That's on my good shots. The bad ones are the ones where I try to see or change what's going on. The thinking should be done before the swing, and the actual swing is more of a cerebellum controlled motor skill thing to me.

You can't think and hit at the same time - Yogi Berra

Yup thats what I do, thank you dschultz Im not the only one.

No, but I notice that the ball is gone and I am still looking at the turf that was just behind where the ball was.

Yeah, I recall having seen my divot or the tee after impact. But it's only happened a time or two, and wasn't ever something I'd actively try to do.

ej20

New
I doubt Sorenstam,Duval or Allenby are even looking at the ball when the clubhead makes contact.

Watching the ball closely is not as important like in tennis where the ball is moving at high speed.In fact,keeping your eye and face pointed at the ball after impact restricts your pivot if you are not all that flexible in the neck and shoulder areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.