How to change screen name?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I happened to venture over to another golf forum to see what was happening in the golf forums and to my surprise there was another "Matt F" on another forum. I don't want anybody to confuse what the other guy says with me so I would like to change my screen name but can't figure out how to do it.

ZAP

New
I want to change mine as well. When I joined here I had no intention of staying. Now I have no intention of leaving.

I am not sure what to change it too though, "eyeoffish" is already taken and I will pass on Mike's thoughtful suggestion, funny though. I could just put my last name on there but it makes me a bit nervous about some internet weirdo trying to track me down because of my golf swing beliefs and making a skin suit out of me.

Last edited:
Thanks Brian.....I could not find your email address on here anywhere so I just used the "contact us" link that sent my email to the adminstrater, so hopefully that's you. If not I asked my screen name to be changed to "Matt 4-L" which is the acronym for my last name, so hopefully that will keep the skin suit collectors at bay. Lotion Joe Dirt - YouTube

Dariusz J.

If not I asked my screen name to be changed to "Matt 4-L" which is the acronym for my last name [...]

It is a good occasion to ask why it is not required to have screen names identical to real names; it would immediately limit the participation of trolls and people with various agendas; anonimity is a enemy of frankness.

Cheers

It is a good occasion to ask why it is not required to have screen names identical to real names; it would immediately limit the participation of trolls and people with various agendas; anonimity is a enemy of frankness.

Cheers

Although probably rare from a golf forum, there is the chance of cyber crimes from identity theft as well as the improbable "skin suit" stalkers as mentioned. Plus, one could use any "real" name and still act like a fool.

Dariusz J.

Although probably rare from a golf forum, there is the chance of cyber crimes from identity theft as well as the improbable "skin suit" stalkers as mentioned. Plus, one could use any "real" name and still act like a fool.

True. But I was talking just about golf fora, not about criminals. E.g. there's a forum where one can sign with full name or a pseudo -- guess who is being treated more seriously in case of a problem. Everyone should earn their own league instead being hidden behind a fake screen name.

Cheers

Cheers
A lot of us are not anonymous, we have taken lessons from Manzella instructors or been to various golf clinics ect. The only problem with putting actual names down is that is one more way for people looking to do malicious things to be able to track you, steal identity or who knows what. Actually forum posters are not as anonymous as they think, an administrator could track an IP address pretty easy if they so desire, it would be interesting to see how many double identity posters are out there, I have had my suspicions over the years on a few forum members.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
There are a few with multiple screen names. The most shocking part is one guy has his own forum and is a cult like figure in book literalist circles.

Dariusz J.

A lot of us are not anonymous, we have taken lessons from Manzella instructors or been to various golf clinics ect. The only problem with putting actual names down is that is one more way for people looking to do malicious things to be able to track you, steal identity or who knows what. Actually forum posters are not as anonymous as they think, an administrator could track an IP address pretty easy if they so desire, it would be interesting to see how many double identity posters are out there, I have had my suspicions over the years on a few forum members.

Makes sense. Didn't think about it.

There are a few with multiple screen names. The most shocking part is one guy has his own forum and is a cult like figure in book literalist circles.

Don't tell me they post with two or more independent screen names that perhaps support each other's point of view... :eek:

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.