How to Clean Shag Balls if you are Single

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just know this will make you guys smile. I had two shag bags full of dirty golf balls. My wife passed away early this year, I am single and can do whatever I want. This afternoon I wanted to wash the balls in the rather new washing machine?

Noisy, but worked like a charm! Can you just imagine a woman's reaction to, "Honey, I think I will wash my shag balls in the washing machine."

ZAP

New
That is awesome! I am sure that wherever she is she had a little laugh as well. Thanks for sharing that.

I just know this will make you guys smile. I had two shag bags full of dirty golf balls. My wife passed away early this year, I am single and can do whatever I want. This afternoon I wanted to wash the balls in the rather new washing machine?

Noisy, but worked like a charm! Can you just imagine a woman's reaction to, "Honey, I think I will wash my shag balls in the washing machine."

Sorry for your loss Steve. Golf has gotten me through some pretty tough times!

That's funny. Top-loader or front-loader? I would think the noise level of a front-loader to be waaaaayyy much more... not to mention the damage!

We used this method at a golf course I worked at in the 90's. Doing a couple loads a day, the machine lasted about a month.

This is how I clean my shag balls....it works great, with little effort & time....first get a large plastic bucket & dump the balls into the bucket...then put bleach in the bucket, about a cup or so, sprinkling over the balls.....then boil water & pour over the balls into the bucket....let stand for 10 minutes or so & then rinse with a hose or in the tub.....works great! HTH, sky72

"We used this method at a golf course I worked at in the 90's. Doing a couple loads a day, the machine lasted about a month. "

Mine is definitely a top loader and I did throw in some rags to help with the cleaning.

"We used this method at a golf course I worked at in the 90's. Doing a couple loads a day, the machine lasted about a month. "

Mine is definitely a top loader and I did throw in some rags to help with the cleaning.

We did the same at my old course.

Sure was a pain getting the balls out of the machine!!

Status
Not open for further replies.