How To Reduce Spin with Driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jared Willerson

Super Moderator
Today, I picked up my driver and 4 wood from being re-shafted (Axiv core Black 79 & 89 respectively). While I waited I hit some balls on the indoor "launch monitor" at PGA Tour Superstore in Kennesaw.

Anyway, my club head speed according to this was 100 - 103, however my spin rates were always 3500 plus. Launch angle was consistently 13 ~ 14 degrees. Would love to have the 14 degree 2200 rpm type of launch conditions Brian has recently written about.

With the Titleist driver (9* Aldila S shaft) I could only carry them 240. I hit the new Nike with the Axiv core Black shaft (S) and immediately picked up 15 yards of carry, but the spin was still very high. ( I had hit the shaft before and loved it, which is why I re-shafted my woods with it)

How can I keep my current launch angle and reduce the spin by about 750 rpms? Am I hitting down too much?

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
I can't get my driver spin rate down either and am interested to what other has to say.

Last edited:
Ideally you need a positive angle of attack (hit up), a low lofted driver and a good smash factor to get the high launch, low spin combination. Your swing speed needs to be at a certain threshold or you may need the extra spin to get a high enough launch.

I can't get my driver spin rate down either and am interested to what other has to say.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.latourgolf.net/la-tour-golf-net/pages/2616/why-do-some-women-think-that-tiger-woods-is-good-looking.html?tracker=1953"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.latourgolf.net/la-tour-golf-net/pages/2616/why-do-some-women-think-that-tiger-woods-is-good-looking.html?tracker=1953" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Yeah me too!

Status
Not open for further replies.