How to resist impact deceleration, my $0.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcw

New
Swing so the club head is still accelerating through the impact-to-separation interval. Doesn’t matter if you learn to do it on your own or by studying the work of Homer Kelly (or Paul Bertholy or Ben Hogan or Brian Manzella). It doesn’t matter what terminology you use to describe it. That’s what you need to do.

-hcw

bts

New
hcw said:
Swing so the club head is still accelerating through the impact-to-separation interval. Doesn’t matter if you learn to do it on your own or by studying the work of Homer Kelly (or Paul Bertholy or Ben Hogan or Brian Manzella). It doesn’t matter what terminology you use to describe it. That’s what you need to do.

-hcw
I would say "Swing so the club head is still accelerating through the projected impact-to-separation interval in a non-impact situation".

It's not gonna happen in a real impact because the impact will slow it down. Nevertheless, you intend to do just that. The thrust of acceleration is used to resist against the impact deceleration.

Slow and Heavy

How does "slow and heavy" relate to "accelerate through the ball". I assume you can do both but in my mind they don't play well together. Should the acceleration be the result of slow and heavy feeling?

sounds like you're telling us what needs to happen rather than a how to. ;)

I think most golfers fight over-acceleration which kills any chance of max. acceleration post impact.

hcw

New
rbaumgolf said:
How does "slow and heavy" relate to "accelerate through the ball". I assume you can do both but in my mind they don't play well together. Should the acceleration be the result of slow and heavy feeling?

imho b/c "slow and heavy" refers to the hands and this feel leads to "sustaining the lag" which leads to club head acceleration through the ball...

-hcw

hcw

New
bts said:
I would say "Swing so the club head is still accelerating through the projected impact-to-separation interval in a non-impact situation".

It's not gonna happen in a real impact because the impact will slow it down. Nevertheless, you intend to do just that. The thrust of acceleration is used to resist against the impact deceleration.

fair enough...

-hcw

hcw

New
wanole said:
sounds like you're telling us what needs to happen rather than a how to. ;)

w/o a doubt...

wanole said:
I think most golfers fight over-acceleration which kills any chance of max. acceleration post impact.

i think this relates to what rbaumgolf was asking and my take is that over-acceleration of the hands is the issue....

let me add to this that i take as used by HK "over-acceleration" to mean reaching maximal clubhead acceleration before impact-to-separation, not that you can somehow have too much clubhead acceleration AT impact-to-separation...ie the maximal clubhead acceleration is premature and it's an issue of when the maximum acceleration occurs, not "how much" there is...

-hcw

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.