I need a drill and guidance to further correct an 'around' swing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have struggled to correct a swing that is too 'around'. It seems as every piece of my body moves at the same speed.. shoulders, gut, hips, you name it. I seemingly cannot get separation.

I was getting better last Fall (Thanks to Brian after my Sept lesson in Pittsburgh!). It's not as bad as it was before, but coming off the Winter and the forced surgery/medical hiatus of ~3 months... it's baaaack! :mad:

In addition to the 'around' swing, I tend to move slightly ahead of the ball. There is no 'pop' to my hits.. no distance.. even though I hit a *lot* of fairways, stay in the fairways, and tend to be short of greens, not left or right. Sometimes being short is deliberate, though. I'll hit 3H or 4H instead of 3W because I'm confident of my short game. (Thanks, Kevin for the cut chip shot.. I love it... holed one Saturday for birdie and left 6"-12" putts on 2 others!)

Can anyone suggest a drill(s) and/or video to view that will help me learn how to move the path under rather than around? I would love to see video instruction because I could download the video to my BB or iPod Touch and take it with me to the range.

Am I making sense? Can I be helped? :confused:

I already know the answer to the 2nd question.. the answer is a resounding NO! Unless you're a brain surgeon or magician. LOL.

Several -
Confessions of a Former Flipper, Ideas about the Release, Soft Draw 1.0, Never Hook Again 2.0 along with many others such as Short Shot Pivot.

I seem to recall a part of my lesson where we worked on this, but cannot remember how to do or know how to develop a drill. The 'around' slappy shot is not as bad as it used to be, but I know I can get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.