I QUIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
Flat left wrist means nothing! Lag Pressure Point through impact means nothing!! Straight Plane Line is all you need!!! Played with a guy today that flipped it worse than any hacker I have seen. His hands were maybe even with the clubhead at impact, but I wouldn't bet on it. Ball was positioned mid body on almost all shots. Both hands would almost let go of the grip through impact. he would just be holding on with his finger tips. His plane and plane line were perfect! He never missed a shot. It was like watching a machine. He had to be vertical hinging (hit it straight and sky high). It was a Peck type action. It was almost all wrists. His body turned very little in either direction and feet stayed glued to the ground.

Last edited:
We did it!

OK guys we did it-got Tom to quit- one less good player to compete against- now everyone send in their checks that they promised to payoff the guy we set up to play with Tom. It might have been an ugly pattern Tom but sounds like it's a pattern that this player - at least for today- understood and was able to repeat- even with throwaway. By the way, the Bowling lesson you set up at 10AM tomorrow- the pro called and wants to move it to 11AM.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
Oh, it was ugly! I know you can do ugly stuff and still hit the ball great, that's what I was getting at. And it wasn't a good day...He and his two team mates won the tournament the year before with 30 under (2 Day event). Bowling lesson!!! I don't need no stinking bowling lessons. I am a pretty good bowler, oh wait that's another thread. LOLp>Post Script-clubs are going up on eBay tomorrow.

Last edited:
Follow through

Tom,
Just want to make sure we're all on the same thread! Tomorrow, Brian will be by in the morning to pick your clubs up- we've actually already listed them on ebay for you-(No, need to thank us- please we're friends here)- the guys have even pitched in for a new bowling ball - you're going to love it! Oh and as an added treat- I am sending you the only manuscript available that Homer wrote before his death- "The Bowling Machine"- promise me you're going to love it.

Tom Bartlett

Administrator
Hope you listed my most recent set? You know they're a new mix I just acquired, I'll list them just to make sure. Driver- Power Pod anti-hook 8 degrees closed, 3 wood-from search For The Perfect Swing with the hinge and all, odd numbered irons - the low profile brownings, even numbered irons - left handed Haig Ultras (with very nice dime sized wear spots), sand wedge - some piece of crap Gene Sarazen made up and a Schenectady putter.

This Tommy?

Tommy: See me, feel me, touch me, heal me.
See me, feel me, touch me, heal me.
See me, feel me, touch me, heal me.
See me, feel me, touch me, heal me, heal me, heal me.

Chorus: Listening to you I get the music.
Gazing at you I get the heat.
Following you I climb the mountain.
I get excitement at your feet!
Right behind you I see the millions.
On you I see the glory.
From you I get opinions.
From you I get the story.
Listening to you I get the music.

[TOMMY AND CHORUS]

On you I see the glory.
From you I get opinions.
Listening to you I get the music.
Gazing at you I get the heat (heat).
On you I see the glory.
From you I get opinions.
Ohhhhh, listening to you I get the music.
On you I see the glory.
From you I get opinions.
Listening to you!

Flat left wrist means nothing! Lag Pressure Point through impact means nothing!! Straight Plane Line is all you need!!! Played with a guy today that flipped it worse than any hacker I have seen. His hands were maybe even with the clubhead at impact, but I wouldn't bet on it. Ball was positioned mid body on almost all shots. Both hands would almost let go of the grip through impact. he would just be holding on with his finger tips. His plane and plane line were perfect! He never missed a shot. It was like watching a machine. He had to be vertical hinging (hit it straight and sky high). It was a Peck type action. It was almost all wrists. His body turned very little in either direction and feet stayed glued to the ground.

Ya know why now eh Tom. (and more about straight plane line too)

Funny thread.

Last edited:
GREAT...JUST GREAT!!!

Here I was toiling all Spring and Summer with my arm swing hitting it nice, high and straight (down to the 7 iron anyway), flipping the snot out of it but with a picturesque reverse pivot. So all I needed to do was stand flat footed??? Doh!

Now I'm mired in the twistaway, FLW, pivot-driven, axis tilt, lag pressure, swivel world. (*Insert Seinfeld voice* "Not that there's anything wrong with that".)

If you say this guy could hit it 280 with that, I'll officially be steamed.:mad:

I have played with guys like that before. What makes it worse is they use K-Mart golf clubs (with iron covers and all). And a Hammer for a driver. POW!!! They also have a ball retriever in their 1970's era bag. All you can do is scratch your head and relish in the fact that if they had a decent swing, they could be great.

I have played with guys like that before. What makes it worse is they use K-Mart golf clubs (with iron covers and all). And a Hammer for a driver. POW!!! They also have a ball retriever in their 1970's era bag. All you can do is scratch your head and relish in the fact that if they had a decent swing, they could be great.

If the guy you are playing in your match play event gets up and down the first three holes in your match out of the rough and he has iron covers, you are toast.

Hope you listed my most recent set? You know they're a new mix I just acquired, I'll list them just to make sure. Driver- Power Pod anti-hook 8 degrees closed, 3 wood-from search For The Perfect Swing with the hinge and all, odd numbered irons - the low profile brownings, even numbered irons - left handed Haig Ultras (with very nice dime sized wear spots), sand wedge - some piece of crap Gene Sarazen made up and a Schenectady putter.

Have you ever hit a Power Pod?

How about a Hammer?

This post is hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.