I think I'm infected with half assed reverse pivot

Status
Not open for further replies.
While back I tried stack and tilt(whoops) and I think I took their ideas and molded it into a ugly reverse pivot, leakage, flipping etc. I had gotten pretty good about ball striking, hitting down whilst flipping(like Brian mentions in COAFF) but it is inconsistent and I can't count on my yardages. My swing is ugly, and it looks like I've never played before. I want to have a sharp and professional swing.

Here are 3 things that I am working on....I'd like your opinion on whether or not I'm focusing on the right things for my swing:
1) Reverse pivot, straight right leg..need to maintain flex and rotate into/over right knee
2) Cupped wrist at top of backswing. This with lack of axis tilt causes straightened right arm on downswing and flip.
3) Body driven swing

I'd appreciate your specific insight and criticism!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOvhbgI1rzQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOvhbgI1rzQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:

footwedge

Your arms are stuck behind you as they went so far inward on the b.s. and when you swing the club downwards on the d.s. you have to release it early as you have little d.s. pivoting to bring the club back outwards you have more of a slide than a rotation and coupled with the arms trapped behind you and travelling mostly downwards, voila early release and flip city. Your right arm is trapped and has nowhere to go, so it straightens and releases.

If you keep that b.s. you need to change that d.s. You need to pivot/rotate on the d.s. get the club/arms out from behind you, it might even feel like your coming over the top. JMO.

Last edited:

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Id get Never Hook Again and learn the pattern with a stronger grip and you'd be de-junked of your current move so you can progress much faster into your "rest of your life" swing.

Oh boy , you are infected by something, but one thing for certain is that P and B will not be using you as a Poster Boy but with some luck the polish wombat may use you for slap hinge photos

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Obviously, just like the other thread with the golfer who tried morad, your version of s&t doesn't look like the tour version very much.

Both of those methodologies will work if done "just so" or even close to that.

But, if you want "out of" your current swing, tell me this:

Is the video the current "I am trying something else" swing, or the "while I was really trying to do it" version?

Dariusz J.

Oh boy , you are infected by something, but one thing for certain is that P and B will not be using you as a Poster Boy but with some luck the polish wombat may use you for slap hinge photos

Boy, some of those TGM/MORAD/S&T-infected people are so stupid that they think they will not be recognized who they are :D Moreover, they are stupid enough to create screenname after screenname hoping that they will be regarded as swing gurus with their pathetic knowledge.

Cheers

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Boy, some of those TGM/MORAD/S&T-infected people are so stupid that they think they will not be recognized who they are :D Moreover, they are stupid enough to create screenname after screenname hoping that they will be regarded as swing gurus with their pathetic knowledge.

Cheers

I have been doing this now for almost 8 years!

Lots of trolls, carrolgalleyz's, etc.

I will say it one more time: If you do any pattern JUST LIKE THE TEACHER SAYS, you will hit it pretty darn good.

:)

But, even if the whole thing is a put up, I will still comment.

There are lots of folks that need help.

Obviously, just like the other thread with the golfer who tried morad, your version of s&t doesn't look like the tour version very much.

Both of those methodologies will work if done "just so" or even close to that.

But, if you want "out of" your current swing, tell me this:

Is the video the current "I am trying something else" swing, or the "while I was really trying to do it" version?

This was me trying to keep my wrist flat at top of BS and getting hands cleared infront without early release. Before I was more of just a well times drive/dig into the ball. Here are some other recent videos when I was just hitting balls for fun. Probably more of a real swing:

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/B1LdZgCg7PI?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>
<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-DSornV89-o?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Bottom line is that I"m a mess and don't really know what I'm doing.

1) Reverse pivot, straight right leg..need to maintain flex and rotate into/over right knee

You don't want to rotate over your right knee. You want to load into your right hip/glut.

The reverse pivot is mostly a result of you simply making too big a backswing move. In the first video of the last set posted, stopping somewhere around 0:10 is about right, but you keep going to 0:12, and this causes your upper body to fall toward the target.

2) As you come down, everything drifts forward. Then you are screwed. You already have the ball back in your stance. The drift makes it even more difficult, and you have to flip.

Here is an appropriate link. This is Michael Jacobs, Brian's Spine Angle video is in the list on the right side of YouTube. Pay attention to where Mike stops his backswing in the opening seconds. Then compare it to your video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iya8VDEN7c&feature=related[/media]

Last edited:
EMULATION

T o me emulation is not the sincerest form of flattery

"trying to take someone DOWN....means one thing.......you FEAR those that you are attacking

the idea Brian will answer even those attacking him....shows only 1 thing.........a complete confidence

in what he believes.....I know nothing about MORAD or SNT....so why come here and play games

your sites are available use them................UNLESS....ofcourse.....ahhhhhhhh...i know.........

your really want to be here...........ok....all are welcome....just leave your baggage at the door

happy holiday from all of us here

T o me emulation is not the sincerest form of flattery

"trying to take someone DOWN....means one thing.......you FEAR those that you are attacking

the idea Brian will answer even those attacking him....shows only 1 thing.........a complete confidence

in what he believes.....I know nothing about MORAD or SNT....so why come here and play games

your sites are available use them................UNLESS....ofcourse.....ahhhhhhhh...i know.........

your really want to be here...........ok....all are welcome....just leave your baggage at the door

happy holiday from all of us here

um....what?

NADA

sorry..had nothing to do with your post...........was in reference to an earlier one

unless ofcourse.................................nah

A&J

trying to take someone DOWN....means one thing.......you FEAR those that you are attacking

in what he believes

Again my friend try to write in English so that we can all understand your comments.

Drew

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iya8VDEN7c&feature=related[/media]

I would strongly suggest this video and part 2 of the proper hip motion to start the downswing. It is a tough movement, as I have found out, if you haven't been doing it properly--as it looks like from your vid.

I would strongly suggest this video and part 2 of the proper hip motion to start the downswing. It is a tough movement, as I have found out, if you haven't been doing it properly--as it looks like from your vid.

I agree, those videos were great, as were reading Brian's perfect pivot threads. The picture is becoming more clear to me. Only problem is my practice dome tore open because of snow!!

Status
Not open for further replies.