Ideal ball flight of the NSA Procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Sorry if this sounds like a very novice question.

For the NSA Procedure, my stance is square-square, playing right-handed. Do we try to get a ball flight that

(1) starts out to the right and ball turns back left and lands at our target area.
(2) starts out straight and lands left of the target line/area (assuming square-square).
(3) Or do we want a relatively straight ball flight and ball basically bounces left and roll.

The video is good and I'm getting a right to left ball flight with a roll of my left forearm and the 'wedding ring' up swivel. But I'm not sure if the ball flight is correct. I'm getting ball flight (1). My impression is that a person who plays a draw basically addresses at a close stance, i.e. ball flight (2).

Appreciate if someone can help clear up the confusion for me.

Thanks,

daniel

Last edited:

Brian Manzella

Administrator
NSA Ball Flight.

If you watched the entire video, and applied it all, you should hit it very straight.

Before the "tempering aspects," when the pattern is full twistaway, I have seen plenty right-to-lefters and many left-to-righters.

If you want a specific ball-flight out of NSA, just ask.

But if the question is "can I draw it out of a square stance"?

The answer is yes.

Hi Brian,

Thank you. So I should be attempting to get ball flight #3. It is very helpful information. Perhaps I may have too much 'in to out' and too much roll to get ball flight #1.

I don't think I will be tempering with the ball flight until I can get it to ideal.

thanks,

daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.