"Ideal" Numbers with Trackman/Flightscope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Ive been thinking alot about this. Can you elaborate on what you mean by ideal? The ideal numbers are completely different based on vertical plane angle.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
I think what i'd like to see is what the ideal numbers would be for the straightest ball flight possible with the correct trajectory for every club excluding any head/tail wind influence.

Essentially; a "perfect shot." If you knew what that was all you had to do as a teacher is get the student to adjust their data to slightly "right" of ideal to draw it and slightly "left" of ideal to fade.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Its completely dependent on Vertical Plane Angle. The lower that angle the less down you need to hit or more left you need to swing/aim to zero out the path so there cant be ideal numbers. Only ideal for each individual.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Vertical plane angle depends alot on someone's height so again there are no ideals at all. Only ideals for individuals.

Again i understand; but i think you could create a model that is ideal for an assumed average height and then deviate from there for an individual's personal nuances.

Would vertical plane not only be effected by the height of a golfer, but also by many other physical factors/swing factors perceptions..ie chest size,bicep size,"feel versus real" etc.etc.?? Is it possible to even come up up with a "model"??, I guess is what Im asking. BTW...Im not trying to start an arguement, just wondering.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
Would vertical plane not only be effected by the height of a golfer, but also by many other physical factors/swing factors perceptions..ie chest size,bicep size,"feel versus real" etc.etc.?? Is it possible to even come up up with a "model"??, I guess is what Im asking. BTW...Im not trying to start an arguement, just wondering.

Absolutely, positively NO!!!! There is no model, no ideals, no nothing. Trackman is not there to provide some ideal method. There are countless variations that would produce perfect ballflight.

But, yes, vertical swing plane is indeed affected by other factors

Not really.

But "Pattern #13" will be a TrackMan, D-Plane, OPTIMIZED pattern with ALLL THE NUMBERS PROVIDED!

Thanks Brian. I am looking forward to it. In discussing ideal, I was referring to Brian's interpretations of a optimized cut, draw, straight shot regarding trackman and D Plane data.:D Of course we all must fit our students with the best "model" for each student depending on their physical parameters. We are simply talking theoreticals here.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Not really.

But "Pattern #13" will be a TrackMan, D-Plane, OPTIMIZED pattern with ALLL THE NUMBERS PROVIDED!

So you tell me there's no ideal but now you have one ;) Come on big b..i'm not here to find some magical pattern but there is always a way to as you say optimize.

With enough data of golfers anyone here that has a background in mathematical modeling could provide some average numbers to strive for.

I think some golfers just can't produce certain numbers, the most obvious is clubhead speed which is to a large extent limited by athletic ability. But also certain numbers such as angle of attack etc..

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
Maybe i'm not making myself, i do not believe there is a magically ideal pattern for everyone. However i do believe with enough data i could provide a "set" of ideal numbers for a straight shot for the commonalities in certain people's swings.

Status
Not open for further replies.