Ideas on shots off the heel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I have yet to hear anyone who can explain why shots are hit on the heel. I do this all the time and lose distance and accuracy because of it. Is it because my downswing is slightly over the top? Or is there something else? I have tried moving away from the ball at set up and addressing the ball toward the the toe, but still hit the heel. I amost think it is now a psychological thing. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
fmlutz said:
Hello all! I have yet to hear anyone who can explain why shots are hit on the heel. I do this all the time and lose distance and accuracy because of it. Is it because my downswing is slightly over the top? Or is there something else? I have tried moving away from the ball at set up and addressing the ball toward the the toe, but still hit the heel. I amost think it is now a psychological thing. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Mike

I answered this in another thread, you are swinging too far inside-out. The clubface is moving so far to the "right" of the ball the heel is closer to the ball than the sweetspot.

You need to learn to swing more down/out versus so inside/out

I will give that a try. The clubhead tends to finish right of my hands at followthrough. Thank you. Any other ideas out there?

Brian Manzella

Administrator
And...

Get your left shoulder and left hip as far from the ball as possible at impact, WHILE you keep your right wrist bent.

Remember, the club is SHORTER with impact hands than it is without.

Brian Manzella said:
Get your left shoulder and left hip as far from the ball as possible at impact, WHILE you keep your right wrist bent.

Remember, the club is SHORTER with impact hands than it is without.
Brian,

The club is shorter? I am not sure I get that one. Also, what do you mean when you say get your left shoulder and hip as far from the ball as possible. Are you talking about rotation or tilt? Should the shoulder be slightly open at impact? Thank you for the clarification.

Mike

I was doing this last week and i was swining out to in slightly. What I did was concentrated on hitting the inside quarter of the golf ball and got my draw back with a center face contact!

Status
Not open for further replies.