If forward lean <> hitting down, then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm lost...if forward lean of the clubshaft no longer equates to hitting down on the ball, then what is it and how do I do it?

Is hitting down flexing the knees in a sort of squat resulting in "hitting down"? I am supposed to "push down"/extend my arms towards the ground to hit down?

Thanks,
p

ggsjpc

New
don't make it more complicated than it is.

I'm lost...if forward lean of the clubshaft no longer equates to hitting down on the ball, then what is it and how do I do it?

Is hitting down flexing the knees in a sort of squat resulting in "hitting down"? I am supposed to "push down"/extend my arms towards the ground to hit down?

Thanks,
p

If you hit the ground after the ball with an iron you have more likely than not had forward lean and hit down on the ball. The main time there is a conflict is with a tee shot. There can be many cases when a player hits the ball after low point(which is not hitting down on the ball) but still has forward lean in the shaft.

Just keep focusing on hitting the ground after the ball with an iron shot and you'll be ok.

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
You can have forward lean and not hit down but to hit down chances are you have forward lean. Brian is just trying to clear up some terminology. Id keep on working on the forward lean if I were you and learning to aim it corectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.