Illustration of kinetic chain

Status
Not open for further replies.
double standards

Just recently I convinced nmgofler that his screen name should definitely not mean new_millennium_golfer but rather more appropriately no_mind_golfer. Not being able to show off his awkward no_mindedness anymore on this forum he has moved once more to another forum where he has yet again taken the same approach as usual. Stirring up sh*t with his pedantic style but when pressed a bit he then claims that he is not interested in discussing and sharing his ideas with anyone and it's time to move on.

It is somewhat bizarre that this particular TGM forum who did not let me post even once, being afraid of real science, accept that posters are permitted to belittle Brian's ideas as shown below. On this forum they idol and worship HK as a mythic god and definitely don't tolerate any criticism of his ideas being seemingly cast in stone ad vitam aeternam. But allowing posts ridiculing another golf instructor shows their phony double standard of operation.

Nmgolfer -

“Forget about "snapping your kinetic chain" (its bs anyway) learn to control your HAND PATH! “

“I'm a bit amused by all of it. If you've read that other forum (before the Manz deleted all of my posts that is) then you already know my answer. Lots of buzz words but from my vantage... very little substance and virtually nothing that's going to help your average golfer. “

“Thank you for the kind words Coop. There was a time when that forum was open to all ideas but not anymore. When they went to "rev. 3" or what ever it is, apparently they closed the door to all but the owner's personally espoused beliefs. “

Pistol -

“He deletes posts and contradicts himself all the time nmgolfer so its a hard read.."snap your chain" could mean anything so I don't know what he is getting at ..maybe breaking the chain on the old toilet flush mechanics”

Guitar Hero

Just recently I convinced nmgofler that his screen name should definitely not mean new_millennium_golfer but rather more appropriately no_mind_golfer. Not being able to show off his awkward no_mindedness anymore on this forum he has moved once more to another forum where he has yet again taken the same approach as usual. Stirring up sh*t with his pedantic style but when pressed a bit he then claims that he is not interested in discussing and sharing his ideas with anyone and it's time to move on.

It is somewhat bizarre that this particular TGM forum who did not let me post even once, being afraid of real science, accept that posters are permitted to belittle Brian's ideas as shown below. On this forum they idol and worship HK as a mythic god and definitely don't tolerate any criticism of his ideas being seemingly cast in stone ad vitam aeternam. But allowing posts ridiculing another golf instructor shows their phony double standard of operation.

Nmgolfer -

“Forget about "snapping your kinetic chain" (its bs anyway) learn to control your HAND PATH! “

“I'm a bit amused by all of it. If you've read that other forum (before the Manz deleted all of my posts that is) then you already know my answer. Lots of buzz words but from my vantage... very little substance and virtually nothing that's going to help your average golfer. “

“Thank you for the kind words Coop. There was a time when that forum was open to all ideas but not anymore. When they went to "rev. 3" or what ever it is, apparently they closed the door to all but the owner's personally espoused beliefs. “

Pistol -

“He deletes posts and contradicts himself all the time nmgolfer so its a hard read.."snap your chain" could mean anything so I don't know what he is getting at ..maybe breaking the chain on the old toilet flush mechanics”

Now you know why the word “cult” is referred to TGM. The site you are talking about does need a wake-up call with 3-D knowledge. But I doubt it ever will. They will have their little world while we have our big world. It is all good. No worries.

Now you know why the word “cult” is referred to TGM. The site you are talking about does need a wake-up call with 3-D knowledge. But I doubt it ever will. They will have their little world while we have our big world. It is all good. No worries.
Guitar Hero,

It is indeed very curious to see seemingly intelligent people, year in year out, for ever discussing paragraphs and sub paragraphs and genuinely thinking that they are the only elected ones possessing the final and eternal truth. Oh well, as long as they are happy and not too much a nuisance for the advancement of golf.......In every garden there are some weeds. ;)

I am quite fascinated to see how long no_mind_ golfer will manage to stay on this time before being thrown out again since he does not believe at all in the validity of many of HK's ideas. But he desperately needs a platform where he can pontificate and show that he is the only one who possesses the truth. Curiously, in that respect he fits in quite nicely on that forum. :D

Brian Manzella

Administrator
La, la land...

I never thought I would have a debate on whether or not you can snap your Kinetic Chain.

Of course, some ignoramuses think the D-Plane doesn't exist either and run and hide from TrackMan.

Hint for golfers everywhere:

If your coach, teacher, or leader.......

But I digress.

I recently had a long-time student in for the "Manzella New Orleans Special" that I am currently offering. We worked on "snapping" his Kinetic Chain for two days.

How?

First, we worked on his "arm release."

Now when I say "arm release" I am talking about the fact that in many good golf swings, the left arm is across the chest pre-impact and just past impact the right arm is across the chest.

In some swings (Hogan, Bartlett, Gahm), it happens late, in other swings (Cotton, Singh, Nickalus) it happens earlier.

I have a way to teach folks who were "holding" this transfer WAY TOO LONG.

So we did that on day one along with some hip transition adjustments, to give him a better "launching pad."

The second day we learned to take this new found ARM SPEED and TRANSFER it to the wrists—and then aim all of this.

The force went into the club and then the ball better.

No comparison.

I talked today to James Leitz who has and uses a very high-end 3D machine in his teaching. I asked him about "Kinetic Chain" and the closemindedness of some like nmgolfer who refuse to believe something he (James) knows to be true.

BRIAN: "James, give me one take home for the forum on the EXISTENCE of the KINETIC CHAIN and how SLOWING or STOPPING SEGMENTS can add to club head speed."

JAMES: "Tell them to go look at the "Kinetic Chain" graphs of a variety of golfers and go from there."

Here's what I say:

Snap this chain:

Toliet Chain THIS!

so let me get this straight......the jogger who throws the hammer is slowing down her torso to speed up her arms and then slowing down her arms to speed up the hammer....

subsequently "blowing up" the cult leader on the big screen who is being "blindly" followed by a bunch of narrow minded zombies....

cool

flushing toilets

Brian,
nmgolfer is a rather curious chap and not too much attention should be given to his pontifications. He obviously knows some scientific stuff but yet equally he is also stark naked out in the cold. I can't help seeing a parallel with some people having failed to be creative in their domain falling back their whole life being very aggressive critics envying continuously those who are creative. Similarly, to feel good as a 'scientist' nmgolfer tries to exploit his limited 'scientific' knowledge to constantly belittle people and getting satisfaction climbing on people's shoulders, feeling seemingly somehow important this way. It just so happens that I very much dislike this type of of people. A true scientist is one who is humble realizing that he knows and truly understand very little and that science is mostly a big complicated catalogue simply stating what has been patiently observed over time. Scientists, having taken several years to gather knowledge of only a few pages in this huge catalogue, are in no way superior to any other individual. This old elitist idea of nmgolfer that somehow a scientist is a semi-god is just to be flushed in the toilet along with his ideas about kinetic chains. :D

Brian Manzella

Administrator
The Chain "Pullers"

My post wasn't really directed to nm_golf, who if he debated and not filibustered would still be welcome here.

No, my "Hammer throw" was aimed somewhere else, far, far, away. In a land where toilet chains never work, and they all swim in the bowl. ;)

My post wasn't really directed to nm_golf, who if he debated and not filibustered would still be welcome here.

No, my "Hammer throw" was aimed somewhere else, far, far, away. In a land where toilet chains never work, and they all swim in the bowl. ;)
I understood. I get the feeling that your well chosen video clip clips seem rather to have their roots well into into the past, probably even some 900 years ago. :)

so let me get this straight......the jogger who throws the hammer is slowing down her torso to speed up her arms and then slowing down her arms to speed up the hammer....

subsequently "blowing up" the cult leader on the big screen who is being "blindly" followed by a bunch of narrow minded zombies....

cool

LOL. It's brilliannnnnnnce!

BTW "props" to mandrin for "no_mind_golfer."

LOL.....v2.0.

-Paul

Last edited:
I recently had a long-time student in for the "Manzella New Orleans Special" that I am currently offering. We worked on "snapping" his Kinetic Chain for two days.

I am the student Brian is referring to. Funny thing is, I didn't know he was teaching me to snap the chain until the last 1/2 of the second day. I knew he was leading me somewhere, but didn't know where. In the end, it became very clear what Brian was teaching me to do, and it worked beautifully. It created the feeling of maximum power being transferred to the ball, with no more effort (actually, maybe less).

Why did I drive 800 miles to see Brian? Take a leason from him and find out for yourself. You won't be sorry. See you next time Brian!

Last edited:
Snapping KC Drill?

I periodically hit iron shots standing with my front leg in normal position with the trail leg pulled completely off the line and extended almost directly behind the front leg. Usually I stay up on the toe of the rear foot for better balance/stability. Sorta like hitting balls with your feet together, but better in my opinion.

Besides helping with tempo, this swing drill definitely isn't lacking for power. Is this an example of more efficient snapping of the KC? The left side isn't going anywhere, and everything else seems to pass by very rapidly (especially the clubhead). I believe there are some other positive things going on in the drill, but wondered if this might help explain what Brian means with respect to the Kinetic Chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.