I'm Back!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After 7 weeks off I got the ok to start playing golf again. I went out and hit a few shots on the range to check the pain level and I was pretty comfortable hitting shots, no wrist pain. I played 18 holes and everything felt for the most part pretty good, I hit it decent but not great, I had to really work on trying to keep the right shoulder back. I shot a 78 but with the club championship this coming weekend 78’s are not going to cut it. I have always been a big tugger and it seems that is what I revert back too when I take some time off from the game, I think I will go and watch the ideas video a couple of times before I play tonight.

Go normal, go normal, go normal....I always want to hit the ball with my pivot, I hit some wedges with going normal and struck the ball much more solid. I need to get rid of the instinct to hit the ball at impact and replace it with pulling towards myself...I love that Ideas about the release video.

Lately I have been working on making as little pivot as possible in an effort to square the face and find the low point with what feels like only my shoulders arms and hands swinging. Hard at first but once I got the feel for swinging the club face I sprinkle some pivot in there where belongs (instead of it being too hard, too soon) and I can now feel how a good pivot ADDS to the shot, while a bad pivot does nothing but make it harder to square the face.

After 7 weeks off I got the ok to start playing golf again. I went out and hit a few shots on the range to check the pain level and I was pretty comfortable hitting shots, no wrist pain. I played 18 holes and everything felt for the most part pretty good, I hit it decent but not great, I had to really work on trying to keep the right shoulder back. I shot a 78 but with the club championship this coming weekend 78’s are not going to cut it. I have always been a big tugger and it seems that is what I revert back too when I take some time off from the game, I think I will go and watch the ideas video a couple of times before I play tonight.

Welcome back Matt.

Thanks....it's nice to be back on the course but no more 500 golf ball range sessions for sometime. I went out and played again and struck the ball much better but scored worse and shot an 82, go figure...That's the problem with handicaps, I can shoot below par or I can shoot in the low 80's, no consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.