I'm going down...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been suffering from bouts of nasty hooks and toe shots for the last couple years. Tried it all.
Then I thought how do i stop closing the damn face or bringing it closed through impact...
I know...try yer hardest to hit it with the hosel. Pured it. Jezzuz this game. This is not going to end well.

The poor man's Trackman: 2 or 3 alignment sticks about 15 feet out in front on your target line. 2 of the sticks about 6-10 inches apart. Find a way to hit the ball between the sticks like goal posts. I stick the 3rd stick in the middle so it's a little easier to see where the ball missed by which stick it hits. It has made me work on the face control and realize how much the hands have to go left or closer to the left leg through impact just to get the ball starting near the target line.

How do you get your hand to move left spk? Do you move them independently left or you move other things eg. shoulder to get them more left?

The poor man's Trackman: 2 or 3 alignment sticks about 15 feet out in front on your target line. 2 of the sticks about 6-10 inches apart. Find a way to hit the ball between the sticks like goal posts. I stick the 3rd stick in the middle so it's a little easier to see where the ball missed by which stick it hits. It has made me work on the face control and realize how much the hands have to go left or closer to the left leg through impact just to get the ball starting near the target line.

How do you look up that fast to see if the ball made it through? 15 ft is not that far out no?!?!? Very interesting though. My clubface control is really bad and this sounds interesting. Thx

How do you get your hand to move left spk? Do you move them independently left or you move other things eg. shoulder to get them more left?

To be honest, I don't know exactly. It feels like the hips and torso open more and sooner--especially the pelvis move first, but when/if I get the hooks or pull hooks, I try to hit a massive slice trying to get the hands as close to my left leg as possible through impact. I tend to hit it on the toe then and really have make sure I don't close the face. But, can then usually find my way back to close to the middle.

How do you look up that fast to see if the ball made it through? 15 ft is not that far out no?!?!? Very interesting though. My clubface control is really bad and this sounds interesting. Thx

That's why the more sticks the better, then you can tell which one got hit/nicked by the ball because it will be knocked down or be wobbling. Otherwise you have someone behind you watching.

I saw this drill a few months ago here. At about 15 feet I have to use a 5 iron or anything else with more loft will go over the sticks.

I've seen the vid with Donald, but hadn't the Ricky one. That's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Been suffering from bouts of nasty hooks and toe shots for the last couple years. Tried it all.
Then I thought how do i stop closing the damn face or bringing it closed through impact...
I know...try yer hardest to hit it with the hosel. Pured it. Jezzuz this game. This is not going to end well.

Another thing I use to help is to put a foam tube between you and the ball, straight in the back and curved to the left in front. Use tees to hold it in the ground. Fixes path pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.