Improper finish swivel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice no matter how solid I hit a shot that my wrists(ed.) get to the following position. Generally I get pretty decent impact but don't rotate through the shot all that well.

What causes this, is it a problem?

fduphands.jpg

Last edited:

natep

New
Are you talking about your wrists?

Dont most people get into that position?

If you were doing a wedding ring up type swivel you would look different, but since you're trying to angle hinge and seem to fight a hook I wouldnt recommend it. JMO.

Are you talking about your wrists?

Dont most people get into that position?

If you were doing a wedding ring up type swivel you would look different, but since you're trying to angle hinge and seem to fight a hook I wouldnt recommend it. JMO.

Yea, sorry wrists....I used to think that but look at these guys who swing well left with strong grips yet I don't see the same bend. I don't fight a hook much anymore now that I know the real ball flight laws and cause and effect.

duvmacswiv.jpg

natep

New
I see what you mean. It almost looks like you might have sort of a post impact chicken wing with the left arm relative to those guys. Their forearms are more vertical, it looks like you might be pulling your elbow back and getting your forearm more horizontal.

Yea Natep, I think its interesting because I always thought the swivel meant a hook but I am questioning that after watching some famous faders.

While I can "wing it" I thought this swing was better.

The question I have is it something that should be fixed, is it anomaly or do many people have this alignment.

gbp9.jpg

natep

New
Here's a Duval pic at roughly the same place as you after impact (shaft vertical).

81999666.jpg

The difference I see is that his left arm is straighter and that he has more spine tilt/extension. My guess would be that the less flexible a person is the harder it would be to achieve this tilt/extension, and without this tilt/extension the left arm will bend sooner and the left arm will come off of the torso sooner. Not really sure if it's something that is an effect of a swing flaw that could improve your striking if fixed, or if it's just a post impact flexibility issue that is irrelevant since the ball is already gone.

Look at the head positions in the other two referenced pictures. They are allowing their heads to rotate and look at the target.
Look at your head. I think your head position is restricting your finish and contributing to your issue. As was already stated, the ball is
long gone, so could be a so what sort of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.