In your opinion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdog

New
In your opinion, is it better to let the hands/arms/club pull the body through, or let the body pull the hands/arms/club through?
Will there be one better suited for more distance vs accuracy?
Could you use both as tools in your game, one for distance, one for accuracy?

quote:Originally posted by cdog

In your opinion, is it better to let the hands/arms/club pull the body through, or let the body pull the hands/arms/club through?
Will there be one better suited for more distance vs accuracy?
Could you use both as tools in your game, one for distance, one for accuracy?

IMHO

It can’t be that the hands pulling the body. The clubhead follows the hands that follows the body. Which is of course- pivot lag.
What needs to be understood is the role of the pivot. Neither the hands nor the pivot is a “yanker” of the other. The pivot is a highway built under strict specifications by the hands. The hands ride this personal highway to complete its task- Impact. The pivot does nothing to alter the path or the job of the hands. “Yanking” would lose control of the swing plane.

A Swinger would “feel” the pivot more. Higher hands, more rotation of the right shoulder being cranked, the arc of approach, centrifugal force, etc etc. All giving a “seems to be” of a strong pivot controlled stroke (but only with the hands blessing and authority)

A Hitter would "feel" the hands and arms more. Lower hands, linear drive of the right arm into impact, the angle of approach, right shoulder as a backboard, etc. All giving a “seems to be” of an almost zeroed out pivot- total arm/hand domination of stroke.

Control- hitter. Distance- swinger unless you are very strong and can mash the krap out of a ball then it would be the same with more control.

bts

New
I prefer the former (or shall I say "clubhead lag-loaded hands moving, pulling or pushing, against the pivoting body through"), which, I believe, is the "hand-controlled-pivot" (swing or hit) and much simpler to be executed than the latter.

Jim Kobylinski

Super Moderator
My favorite saying is a combo of Brian and Ben...

Pivot POWERED hand control which allows you hit the ball with your pivot.

1st part is brian
2nd part is ben

-----

What you have to understand is that in swinging, the pivot does most of the work but your brain is still telling your hands where to go.

quote:Originally posted by brianman

Yikes....

The PIVOT ALWAYS LEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too many are afraid of letting the pivot do what it is suppoosed to do, what it should be trained to do, for fear of having a pivot controled stroke. This is nonsense. Let the hands train the pivot to work and hold on to the club. The hands have brains, the pivot the muscle. Use both accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.