Inflexibility and playing from acquired motion....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips for this Brian? I am working on a hitting type motion and am starting to hit it ok. Do you have any special tips or hints for the shorter swing mate?

John

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Why in the world would you wanna do that?

Really, I'd like to know.

You, John, can make a VERY conventional swing, why would you want to do Hitting? And Short backswing Hitting at that?

Please explain.

Really, I'd like to know.

You, John, can make a VERY conventional swing, why would you want to do Hitting? And Short backswing Hitting at that?

Please explain.

Sorry Brian, just found this. No matter what style i try i barely get past acquired motion on the backswing. The good news is just this weekend i may have found my holy grail. I have come to it via both your dvd's and writings as well as Chuck Cook's. My backswing is now very similar to your twistaway, i am taking it back with no roll and the right elbow bend is cocking the left wrist and setting the right. My downswing consists entirely of leaving these conditions thru impact by simply moving the right shoulder downplane with the thought of dragging my right palm (PP) thru past the ball pre impact while keeping the whole assembly fixed. I'm pretty sure you would approve of this and it gets some axis tilt too no doubt. All of a sudden balls are compressing and i have very high hopes for continued success. I need to take film to prove to myself my hands are now well forward of where they were previously at impact. I have little doubt tho they are.

Would you approve of all this if you can understand my mumbo jumbo? I have never had a slicing prob and swing on a reasonable plane. I just don't like the backswing roll of the horizontal hinge and have never been comfortable with it.

Brian Manzella

Administrator
Hooray!!!

The "Never Slice Again" pattern, done by a better player such as yourself, will produce ANYTHING but too much hook.

You are on the right track!

The "Never Slice Again" pattern, done by a better player such as yourself, will produce ANYTHING but too much hook.

You are on the right track!

Thanks sincerely Brian, but i think you might have me mixed up with someone to call me a better player given the calibre of player you often work with. A am a 13 odd handicap hacker hehe. Mind you i think working with the likes of yourself would quickly bring me down to single figures as i am entirely self taught. Congrats on your first major scale DVD release mate, i particularly liked the Martin Hall praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.