interesting comments on golf and ball striking by tiger

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not anything new, but interesting nonetheless.

Golf deeper than ever, and most are at Sherwood - The Washington Post

“For a lot of us who grew up playing balata balls, you wanted to get that thing down. You didn’t want it up in that wind because it got pushed around like you wouldn’t believe,” he said. “It’s a totally different game. Guys have evolved, and I think they’ve become much more aggressive now than they ever used to be because of equipment.”

“You don’t see shot-makers like you used to. The ball doesn’t curve like it used to,” Woods said. “It just doesn’t move as much. But you look at the guys who are pretty good players at the top. They cannot really shape the golf ball necessarily, but they can move their trajectory up and down. I think that’s where the shape has changed. They don’t shape it as much from right to left, but more in altitude.”

Kevin Shields

Super Moderator
I'd say that's very true. Guys work so hard on that one swing and one shot it's hard to move it. The Tour ranges I've had access to
, you don't see many guys hitting different shots

I'd say that's very true. Guys work so hard on that one swing and one shot it's hard to move it. The Tour ranges I've had access to
, you don't see many guys hitting different shots
Wow! Then I am more versatile than the pros. I can hit slices, hooks, tops, shanks - you name it ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.