Interesting Tiger driver observations from Memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good course management, like hitting an iron on the very last hole. Phil would have hit driver in that exact situation and put it into the trees, and lost. I'm glad Tiger won, I love that guy. One of my biggest dreams is to stand next to him as he hits a shot. That's something I would NEVER forget.

I did twice

Good course management, like hitting an iron on the very last hole. Phil would have hit driver in that exact situation and put it into the trees, and lost. I'm glad Tiger won, I love that guy. One of my biggest dreams is to stand next to him as he hits a shot. That's something I would NEVER forget.

5th tee at Shinnecock, 2004 US Open 3rd round, killed a drive dead left and then beat the s**t out of the teeing area. Man does that ball get small in a hurry. Who cares where it went, the sound was remarkable.
Second shot number 18, after hitting the longest drive on that hole for the week, holes the wedge for a two and carries his own bag up the hill, we were in high five distance.
The thing I noticed is how quiet it is during a tournament, except for the small rifle shot sounds when these guys hit irons. It's awesome.

Tiger says he is slowly loosing distance because of age. Bull. With his flexibility and strength, the dude could be a long drive competitor. What he is loosing is his dynamic pivot.

I couldn't agree more. I do NOT undertand what Tiger is talking about when he says "age" is making him loose distance. That's just nonsense. When he's 45 he can say that, but he's stronger now than he's been in his life and the technology has only gotten better. There's no reason - besides swing changes - that Tiger should hit it shorter.

It is possible that his bulking up makes it harder, or just less natural, for him to make as dynamic a pivot as he used to.

May be the knee injury more than an age issue. I still think it was a stellar performance considering the quality of his latest golf rounds.

I'm in no position to judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.