Interesting Tip from Golf Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last week, i had the privalege of playing with a guy who played on tour for 18 years. It was a really neat experience, especially hearing some of his stories. But of particular interest was his thoughts on playing a draw or fade. Talk about a simple approach.

Assuming you are right handed..

Fade: At setup tilt your head toward the left shoulder.
Draw: At setup tilt your head toward the right shoulder.

His theory, the swing has a tendency to follow the eye line. You tilt the head right, you'll have a tendency to swing to the right, and vice versa.

I'm sure a lot here already knew this, I have been working with it and damn if he wasn't right.

I had an interesting thing happen along those lines. I was at the Western Open in Chicago and Tom Kite and Ben Crenshaw did a junior clinic at the tournament. One of the junior asked them how they drew or faded the ball. Tom Kite went into great detail about how he changed where he aimed, opened/closed his stance, adjusted the ball position, strengthened/weakened his grip, opened/closed the clubface at address, and how he tried to hold the finish or release coming through the ball. Then Ben got up and said when he wanted to hit a draw he aimed a little right and pictured a draw ball flight in his mind and when he wanted to hit a fade he aimed a little left and pictured a fade ball flight in his mind.

They demonstrated their shots and both techniques worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.