Iron Shafts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably been discussed before, but looking for the latest and greatest inputs to this situation.

Currently hitting some Adams MB2's with KBS Stiff's in them. Nice setup but not in love with em as the have more offset than I prefer. I got a good deal on the set so I've adjusted.

Just scored a set of TM R9 tour heads. Really heavy and little to no offset. I had a set of X100 pullout shafts and put one in the PW and the 6-iron. I really like the look and they feel fine.

My question is..... if I go with a shaft that might me "more" than I can handle, what would be the result? A harsher feel? Lower ball-flight? I know at AS2 there was some discussion that shaft flex doesn't add any distance as a function of "kick", so I'm curious as to what one might see if they go slightly stiffer than their clubhead speed or loading pattern might normally dictate. Although the x100 is a heavier shaft, the swingweight is still very high (d-6 in the 6-iron for instance), which I like, and the overall heavier clubweight doesn't bother me either.

Thanks,

Robbohank

A non-fitting club can have all kinds of results, however impossible to say what it will be for you, could even be that that shaft will fit you just fine.

Two things in general that could happen : inconsistant clubspeed and higher dynamic loft.

jimmyt

New
JMO........For my swing and game Project X shafts have been the best addition I could make. For me!!

For me, when I went too stiff in a shaft the pitching wedge was the messenger. It sucked for feel and distance. If that is feeling OK for you I bet you will be just fine with the X100.

I believe Frans@France hit it on the head. More loft due to a lesser ability to have the shaft flexing at impact (I believe that's what he was talking about in terms of dynamic loft) and some inconsistency wtr to clubhead speed.

Tried them again a couple of days later and they felt pretty clanky. My guess is I'd have to be hitting on all cylinders to be able to use an X1 in these heads.

Thanks for the inputs,

robbohank

I believe Frans@France hit it on the head. More loft due to a lesser ability to have the shaft flexing at impact (I believe that's what he was talking about in terms of dynamic loft)

euh...no I was not ;)

The shaft flex (lead) will generate more loft. So if you can not get it to lead like you normally do then less loft is the consequence. However it is possible that the weight and the flex itself will make you "throw" the club more and therefore have less shaft lean. That would then generate the higher dynamic loft.

euh...no I was not ;)

The shaft flex (lead) will generate more loft. So if you can not get it to lead like you normally do then less loft is the consequence. However it is possible that the weight and the flex itself will make you "throw" the club more and therefore have less shaft lean. That would then generate the higher dynamic loft.

Whoops! :) Thanks for the clarification Frans.

Status
Not open for further replies.